Unable access Modem/Router

ViperGTX88

Hi all, I need some help before I become bold from ripping my hair out. I got updated to 80mbps from my ISP, the problem is that the modem/router they gave me, I cant access it to change it to bridge mode for me to be able to use my router at full speed and disable ISP provided router function on the router. I get a cant reach error each F***** time. I know i can call them and ask but, you know how it is with them, by the time i reach someone that can help, hours will go by. So far i have tried different browsers, reset to default, and tried different gateway address even though i know mine is 192.168.0.1. Anyone on here know this issue and how to solve it before i end up calling them? BTW, the model number is TC8717T....its a pile of horse s*** when it comes to the wireless function, so i would like to keep using my own router i used when i had just the modem. Fingers crossed that someone is able to help and resolve this issue with me so i don't have to call them. Also the guy that came to give me that modem/router knew jack s*** on the matter so that left me with figuring it out on my own...

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

How are you connected to it atm? 

If you use the command line and type ipconfig does it show a normal IP adres with gateway?

The gateway it shows, are you able to ping it?

Yes, I am able to ping gateway and i tried through patch cable and wireless. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

I also tried to enable java script and even installed old internet explorer, did not work. :(

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

It's not connected to your main network right?

Easiest thing is to take a laptop (or plug your computer directly into the router) and have no other network connected. 

If your setup is like that, then CMD ipconfig you should see the gateway, which is the IP by which you should be able to reach it via your browser.

Also, check that your computers IP matches the gateway IP. if it's something entirely different, you maybe need to manually set an ip on your computer to reach it.

You most likely already found this but... 
http://setuprouter.com/router/technicolor/tc8717t/login.htm

Just in case.

9 hours ago, staubgame said:

It's not connected to your main network right?

Easiest thing is to take a laptop (or plug your computer directly into the router) and have no other network connected. 

If your setup is like that, then CMD ipconfig you should see the gateway, which is the IP by which you should be able to reach it via your browser.

Also, check that your computers IP matches the gateway IP. if it's something entirely different, you maybe need to manually set an ip on your computer to reach it.

You most likely already found this but... 
http://setuprouter.com/router/technicolor/tc8717t/login.htm

Just in case.

Hey, ya I have done all of that. I am on the modem network and i do have correct IP and gateway according to ipconfig, nothing else is connected to the network besides the living room PC that is connected to it with a patch cord. IP is the typical 192.168.0.XXX and gateway is 192.168.0.1. I normally am able to fix most issues, this is kinda my last resort before I call my ISP. I never had this issue before and i set up a few home networks in the past. I guess ill just call them next week if it dont get resolved, This makes me thinking, cant i technically buy my own modem only that is compatible with the ISP network and internet plan? Hm.....

THE PIT VIPER SPECS