Windows Programs Use Wrong GPU (AMD and Nvidia GPU in same system)

I currently have two GPUs in my main rig. One is my main GPU (GTX 1060) and the other I use for mining 24/7 (RX 580.) Yes, mining. Please don't crucify me. I have two monitors and they're both connected to the 1060 and none of the IO on the 580 is being used. The problem is that when I am mining on only the 580, YouTube videos refuse to play until I stop mining and games like Wolfenstien 2 first give me some AMD driver error, then launch using the 580, and after about a second of game play, my whole screen and everything in Windows seems to crash and refresh. Before I had the 580 in my system none of this was happening. It seems like certain applications are trying to use the 580 as a render-er instead of the 1060, which is my display adapter. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I wonder if this could solve your issue.

1. *right click* on desktop
  2. *click* nVidia Control Panel
  3. In "Select a Task" navigate through: 3D Settings - > Manage 3D Settings
  4. Go to the "Program Settings" tab
  5. Where it says "Select a program to customize:" choose "Google Chrome (chrome.exe)"
  6. Where it says "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" choose "High-performance nVidia processor"

I unfortunately do not have a desktop setup with multiple cards to try this on but I did have some luck when my laptop's integrated graphics became buggy and I needed chrome to run specifically on the nVidia GPU. Obviously, change "Google Chrome (chrome.exe)" to whatever software you specifically want to run on your GPU. Keep me updated as I am curious how this works for you!

AJW