Horizontal lines on screen Help

silosmith
Go to solution Solved by limegorilla,

It might be that the resolution you have the TV set to is not its "native" setting it can display the image your pushing to it, but not properly. Try and go lower or higher. And yes - other devices, such as games consoles, might display at that resolution just fine, but I think it has something to do with Windows. Other than that, I echo @Dujith, disable all post processing, (maybe try fiddling with HDR too) till you have a desirable image

Hi everyone I am using a 65-inch 4k TV as a monitor, Linus and Jay did a video on it...a LG 65SJ8500. Before I get into more detail's I Had a Samsung 55 inch 4k TV as a monitor before this 1 and and had no problems at all. I am running this on a ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme. So my problem is that my program icons and folders have horizontal lines that I can see but if I go into games I don't see any lines. The only other problem I am having is that the colors in the games are washed out a lot and HDR games don't look good at all. When I connect to the Samsung monitor with the same cable the lines are gone so I am not sure what it is.Please don't kill me I know I can get a really good monitor for the price of the tv but I love the big size and I just can't go back to a small monitor. My only main games are world of warcraft , diablo 3 and some overwatch with whatever in between. I will upload some pics so you can see what i am dealing with and you see it better in the origin logo. The camera is not picking it up good for some reason. Still a noob here, don't know a lot about screens . If nothing works I will just replace it with the Samsung mu7000 or mu8000 or sony X900E.

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

On the TV there should be an option to disable all post-processing features. Could be called game mode or you might have to disable everything by hand. 

Also i see your output is set to limited range. Change that too.

It might be that the resolution you have the TV set to is not its "native" setting it can display the image your pushing to it, but not properly. Try and go lower or higher. And yes - other devices, such as games consoles, might display at that resolution just fine, but I think it has something to do with Windows. Other than that, I echo @Dujith, disable all post processing, (maybe try fiddling with HDR too) till you have a desirable image

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

I put the Tv in game mode and took everything off that I could find in the tv settings and change my limited options to full in my resolution settings and still nothing :/ I might just have to replace it and get another brad or something .