Which is better price to performance 1050 or 1050ti?

CGFrog

I am working on a "Ultimate Budget Blender/UE4 Content Creation Build" (still working on the name) but I am extremely strapped for cash right now so I want to know if I can get away with using the 1050 instead of the 1050ti and which would give me better price-performance. Thank you!

the Ti would be a better option.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

25 minutes ago, CGFrog said:

I am working on a "Ultimate Budget Blender/UE4 Content Creation Build" (still working on the name) but I am extremely strapped for cash right now so I want to know if I can get away with using the 1050 instead of the 1050ti and which would give me better price-performance. Thank you!

Man 1050Ti, with 4GB of VRAM you ensure a longer lifespan,( besides some extra CUDA Cores dont hurt either) 2+ Years. Currently the 1050Ti is the Value King.

I always feel like people should consider performance of the part vs price of the whole computer, not just price of that part, since at the end of the day, you are spending <the value of the computer> and getting <the performance of the part>.

If you do this, You will generally find that the more high end components are actually better performance/$, so ignoring the option of a 1070 or something like that, probably best with the 1050 Ti

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Definitely 1050Ti since it have good performance to cost ratio.

44 minutes ago, CGFrog said:

Intel Core i7 7800X CPU @ 4.5GHz OC with Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme | ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming Motherboard | G.Skill Trident-Z RGB 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHz (CL15) RAM | ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti 11GB @ 1740MHz OC GPU | Thermaltake View 31 RGB Case | Samsung NVM.e SSD 120GB and 4x Toshiba 500GB HDD on RAID10 Storage | EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G2 (80+ Gold) PSU