Wireless Keeps Dropping But I Can't Pinpoint the problem

James_McKeane

OK I'm going to lay this out in the simplest form possible

Linksys E2500 wireless router

Windows 7 Laptop (Gateway) with AR5B93 onboard chipset: connects and works with router :D

Mint OS 12.10 Nadia Laptop (Toshiba) with AR542x onboard chipset: connects and works with router :D

The Problem:

Mint OS Laptop with Rosewill RNX-N150HG/Atheros AR9271 USB adapter: doesn't connect to router :mad:

Mint OS Laptop with generic Realtek rtl8192cu USB adapter: doesn't connect to router mad.png

Mint OS Laptop with a SECOND different Realtek rtl8192cu USB adapter: doesn't connect to router mad.png

I didn't test the usb adapters on my Windows 7 laptop because it seemed unnecessary.

So what do you guys think: Is it the Linksys E2500, MintOS, or am I unfortunate enough to own three defective USB Wi-Fi adapters?

Thanks !!!

I'd say the drivers. Linux can be an ass when it comes to those.

Yea saw that trend when you said adapters. Well let me know if that solves the problem and how the OS is because I only managed to run ubuntu here and there as my second OS.

The Asian is Everywhere

The Asian is Everywhere

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up switching to Kali Linux (Debian), which is professionally developed and doesn't have any issues with 802.11n adapters/access points. This pretty much solved the problem entirely.