Star Wars Battlefront II or Call of Duty World War II?

Mostly for 8 year old nephew, his dad will probably play too. Nephew does like Star Wars. What game is least likely to get boring for $60? Thanks

For a kid like that, get Battlefront. Although it's gotten a lot of backlash due to the amount of pay to win DLC content..

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

8 minutes ago, robotsalad said:

Mostly for 8 year old nephew, his dad will probably play too. Nephew does like Star Wars. What game is least likely to get boring for $60? Thanks

what are you gonna play it on pc or console

2 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

ok so cod ww2 has a really good gameplay experience, and when they get bored theres always zombies

but its really violent (idk if he can handle that)

Just now, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

its not like youre gonna see somebody get skinned, but its still violent

Neither.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

5 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

its not like youre gonna see somebody get skinned, but its still violent

also if you were to get cod ww2 id instead reccomend bo3, you ca turn off the gore and at its orginal price it now comes with zombies chronicles dlc, which has 8 zombiies maps in  it

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

For a kid like that, get Battlefront. Although it's gotten a lot of backlash due to the amount of pay to win DLC content..

Battlefront does seem like the better option however

11 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

ok so cod ww2 has a really good gameplay experience, and when they get bored theres always zombies

he's never played zombies before and he would probably love that

9 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

and he's played GTA V and WWE games and he liked those so COD is probably safe

I would suggest expanding the genre from just first person shooters to other types of games.  First person shooters are fun but many of them rely solely on online experiences that are generally not appropriate for an 8 year old.

Games like Stardew Valley and Minecraft are more suitable titles for young audiences.  If you want to play a shooter Overwatch might be more suitable for a younger audience and it has a less toxic communication interaction with other players.

1 minute ago, robotsalad said:

Battlefront does seem like the better option however

he's never played zombies before and he would probably love that

and he's played GTA V and WWE games and he liked those so COD is probably safe

something that you gotta know is that zombies is in my opinion the best addition to cod games ever, you can play a quick game in an older map from the dlc i told you about, or go to a newer map for a long, yet fun session of either getting to a high round or doing an easter egg

3 minutes ago, slayernine said:

I would suggest expanding the genre from just first person shooters to other types of games.  First person shooters are fun but many of them rely solely on online experiences that are generally not appropriate for an 8 year old.

Games like Stardew Valley and Minecraft are more suitable titles for young audiences.  If you want to play a shooter Overwatch might be more suitable for a younger audience and it has a less toxic communication interaction with other players.

Thanks, I didn't think about having to communicate with other people.

18 minutes ago, slayernine said:

Does overwatch have any other game modes besides online multiplayer?

Yeah I wouldn't suggest either of those, they shallow and sum up the issues with the gaming world right now, If he's already played GTA well then he's seen some shit, I'd much rather say get him witcher3 or any great adventure game. Think if I was young and got those would blow my mind immersing myself in an entire world. 

I dunno I just see both BF and COD as a shell of a franchise, but again youngsters love that crap. Might actually be better to find out what his friends have as you don't want him to be the only one of his friends playing one if they all on the other. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah I wouldn't suggest either of those, they shallow and sum up the issues with the gaming world right now, If he's already played GTA well then he's seen some shit, I'd much rather say get him witcher3 or any great adventure game. Think if I was young and got those would blow my mind immersing myself in an entire world. 

Lol I've never seen him go on a shooting spree or pick up ladies.

3 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

...Might actually be better to find out what his friends have as you don't want him to be the only one of his friends playing one if they all on the other. 

thanks I didn't think of that either.

Just now, robotsalad said:

Lol I've never seen him go on a shooting spree or pick up ladies.

If he's played the Campaign then he's seen way worse then picking up ladies, My first playthrough I was really surprised how far they pushed the limits, there is some seriously dark stuff in the game. 

Man just the final level if you choose Trevor, you set him on fire and what him roll around dying, Hell the Torture scene was heavy. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

If he's played the Campaign then he's seen way worse then picking up ladies, My first playthrough I was really surprised how far they pushed the limits, there is some seriously dark stuff in the game. 

Man just the final level if you choose Trevor, you set him on fire and what him roll around dying, Hell the Torture scene was heavy. 

oh yeah i don't think he even knows there is a campaign

9 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I'd much rather say get him witcher3

Ahh, that is a very mature title with very explicit sex scenes are significantly detailed violence and gore.  I mean, it is a fantastic game and I love it but it really isn't meant for an 8 year old child.

38 minutes ago, slayernine said:

Ahh, that is a very mature title with very explicit sex scenes are significantly detailed violence and gore.  I mean, it is a fantastic game and I love it but it really isn't meant for an 8 year old child.

Yeah guess it is a bit over the top, Is there no adult filter in the game? but yeah I would also never let my 8yr play GTA V. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, robotsalad said:

-snip-

IMO, 

Battlefront II Star wars game. Not overly violent other than shooting storm troopers and stuff compared to call of duty. My Problem with WW II would be the community as they would be saying some foul things down the microphone as for the game in general it  is fairly graphic and has extensive use of offensive language. 

If you Credit card is locked up I would say Battlefront II fairly good base game and if you don't acknowledge the P2W it is still enjoyable from what I have heard.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...