Cisco Firewall

Cyber023

Hi, Everyone 

I found two firewalls from Cisco in a elecktronics bin at my local thrift shop and bought them for about 4 bucks so can I use them and are they any good.

the model mumber is: Cisco ASA 5505 Series and below it says Adaptive Security Appliance

And does any body know how I can set this firewall up ??

Thanks

CPU:   Intel I5 3570K @ 4,6 GHZ   -- MOBO: Asrock Z77-Extreme4 -- GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2GB -- PSU:Corsair TX750M -- R AM: 16 GB 1333 MHz -- HDD: 2x 2TB -- 1x 120 GB HyperX SSD -- AUDIO: Creative Audigy 2 -- CASE: Fractal Design R4

-- Actually Like Windows 8 --

The Cisco ASA 5505 is worth around $200-250 USD. They are pretty complicated devices for people that don't know much about Cisco command line. It should have a GUI though, and that makes it easier.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

You will need to learn some CLI for it and the way firewalls work (rules etc...) they are not the same as your routers simple firewall.

I could take one off your hands if you don't need it :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

You need quite a bit of knowledge to configure that, it and it depends entirely on what you want to do. You don't just "set up a firewall". You are probably best off selling them.