Is 430W enough?

Thisapear

I have a old computer that I want to give to a friend but it's missing a power supply.

He only uses the computer for internet and basic stuff.

I have an old I5 (probably second gen or something), a normal motherboard, a HDD and a AMD in the 6300 series. 

a 430W power supply is going to be enough? or I need 500W ?

Also : Does the brand matters? I know nothing about power supply

1 minute ago, Thisapear said:

I have a old computer that I want to give to a friend but it's missing a power supply.

He only uses the computer for internet and basic stuff.

I have an old I5 (probably second gen or something), a normal motherboard, a HDD and a AMD in the 6300 series. 

a 430W power supply is going to be enough? or I need 500W ?

For the type of system I'm picturing, something along the lines of an i5 3470 ect you're not even really going to need anymore than 430W no matter the scenario. Make sure the PSU works fine though first to be safe

Heck, be that my father's rig with an i7 7700 and a 1060 6gb is running of a 450w CM GX450W without any problems at all xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Yes, it should be plenty, but get a good quality power supply I had a cheap 750watt that blew when I put about a 300watt load on it.

Corsair

Cooler Master

Evga

FSP Group 

or Enermax 

Then you should be good to go.

Searching the power supply on good usually tells you if it's a decent power supply

350W would be even enough, since he isn't taxing the system he wouldn't need anything serious any budget PSUs will do well for him. But, please make sure you don't get him a bomb:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide