mSATA SSD upgrade?

I found this Kingston mS200 240GB SSD going on sale tomorrow for only €50. That has to be a good deal for a 240GB SSD. I'm thinking of buying it, but the fact that it's mSATA has me concerned. I've never dealt with this form factor/interface before. I looked it up a little and it looks similar to M.2, but without PCIe support. Some mess with the contacts and electrical connections. I can't really seem to get a good understanding of it.

I checked my MB and it has an mSATA slot, so it would work, right?

I have a new PC planned in a few months (not before Volta releases, most likely soon after) and I was thinking I could just buy this now, start using it right away and then take it over to the new build later on. But I also saw something about mSATA being pushed to the side by M.2. So, does mSATA still appear on new motherboards/platforms or would I need an adapter?

Is an additional SSD really worth it if I already have 120GB 840 EVO + a 2TB HDD in my build? It wouldn't be the main SSD in the new build.

MSATA is obsolete. The sale is probably to clear out MSATA for M.2 in space or something like that.