G.Skill KM780R vs Corsair K70

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Well I decided to go with the G.Skill keyboard. There's a great deal for it on Newegg right now for $89.99 (note that the KM780R does not have contoured keycaps or a keycap puller like the KM780 does). I personally got the extended warranty from Newegg because I haven't heard great things about G.Skill's customer service nowadays, and I figured at the price the keyboard is the extra $7 wouldn't hurt. I preferred the K70's more simple design, but in the end, the G.Skill board offers way more features for the money, only falling short in it's lighting control, which may improve over time. All in all, I didn't care about the lighting being super customizable like on Corsair's keyboards, and I don't mind the gamer-y aesthetic enough to turn me away from it.

Corsair K70 or G.Skill KM780R?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Corsair K70 or G.Skill KM780R?

• Corsair K70
    • G.Skill KM780R

Hello everyone,

So I'm really torn right now. The Corsair K70 and G.Skill KM780R are what I'm looking at the moment. It should be noted that I don't really care about the fact Corsair's software offers more lighting customization. However, I am concerned about both Corsair and G.Skill's quality control and customer support pertaining to these keyboard. There's not quite as many positive reviews on the KM780R as there are on the K70 (though most negative reviews are about the software being limited at the moment). I also prefer the K70's design more, but it is lacking in features. The physical build quality of both keyboards seems to be on par. So what do you all think? All feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Personally I really don't like how the G-Skill board looks, so it's a no-brainer for me. ;-)

I have a K70; I really like it.

I just recently thew away my k95 after about a year usage. The USB cable inside would stop working if moved slightly. The G skill looks cool too; I might actually buy it for that price :). I feel like corsair is overpriced for what it is.

Well I decided to go with the G.Skill keyboard. There's a great deal for it on Newegg right now for $89.99 (note that the KM780R does not have contoured keycaps or a keycap puller like the KM780 does). I personally got the extended warranty from Newegg because I haven't heard great things about G.Skill's customer service nowadays, and I figured at the price the keyboard is the extra $7 wouldn't hurt. I preferred the K70's more simple design, but in the end, the G.Skill board offers way more features for the money, only falling short in it's lighting control, which may improve over time. All in all, I didn't care about the lighting being super customizable like on Corsair's keyboards, and I don't mind the gamer-y aesthetic enough to turn me away from it.