Post LED Code

mvitkun

When I try to boot up I get a large number of post codes that flash too fast to read and it stops at 4F,then flashes to 72,and then shuts off.

Since this is before it hits the bios there is nothing on the monitor.

no beep codes.

So far I've tried to remove the motherboard from the case and tried it on the mobo box,same post codes.

Tried with only one stick of ram,in all the dimm slots,and tried doing this with both.

Tried testing without GTX 480.

Tried with only one of the drives,and tried this with the two drives that have an OS.

Tried resetting bios with the battery.

Tried with a different power supply.

So it seems it's between the motherboard and processor.

I was wondering what the above post code meant.

From what I can tell on older intel motherboard models it used to mean the processor isn't compatible,can't find if 4F still means that though.

Only other 4F code I could find was on ASRock motherboards,and from what I can tell it means there's an issue with the bios.

Also ,unrelated question,what's the splotch of color on the bios chip for?

R2aDeS8.png

i5 2500K stock

Biostar TZ77A

Adata 8GB (4GBx2)

GTX 480

Kingston v300 60GB SSD

WD 1TB WD10EZEX HDD

HGST 320GB HDD

Corsair TX 650 PSU

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Try Googling the codes that you can see, or see if your Mobo manual has a listing (you DID keep your manual, right?).

If you can, try the CPU in another mobo, or try another CPU in your current mobo. That should help eliminate which is the culprit.

If that doesn't turn anything up, get in touch with customer service with your board manufacturer. I recommend this last as customer service is almost always a pain to deal with and you'll probably end up RMAing the board at the end of it.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

Try Googling the codes that you can see, or see if your Mobo manual has a listing (you DID keep your manual, right?).

If you can, try the CPU in another mobo, or try another CPU in your current mobo. That should help eliminate which is the culprit.

If that doesn't turn anything up, get in touch with customer service with your board manufacturer. I recommend this last as customer service is almost always a pain to deal with and you'll probably end up RMAing the board at the end of it.

I googled and checked my manual,and aside from what I posted above,both were google results,I found nothing.

I can't try it in a different motherboard,but that would obviously be what I would do if I could.

any idea as to what the splotch of color was?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

any idea as to what the splotch of color was?

Sorry, I don't know enough about electronic components to tell you that. :-\

I wager it's an identifier of some sort during manufacturing, but I really have no clue.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

maybe you bent a pin on the mobo or something like that try taking out the cpu and putting it back in maybe. and your manual should have a list of post codes also check the 72 one. It might be that it checks the 4F which is checking the cpu and its fine and then something else is the issue so check the 72 code.