Dell S2417DG or S2716DGR

WaelT

Currently my PC is running on a single monitor ASUS VG248QE and I'm looking to buy another display with G-Sync. 

After some research I figured out that Dell is choice to go with *Due to budget* and I have read a lot of positive reviews about the 24" and 27" monitors. I already ordered the S2417DG monitor and it is already on its way, but I just realized that BestBuy has the S2716DGR for the exact same price, and that made me confused a little bit. 

I went with the 24 monitor so I can have 2 x 24 monitors next to each other, but this 27" is hard pass, would my setup look weird or will I feel uncomfortable using a 24 next to 27?

Does anyone have a similar experience? 

Thank you in advance

are you sure theyre the same price? the S27 is almost twice the price of the S24 but its a better monitor in every way

I was able to snatch the S27 for $299.99 from BestBuy. Purchased Open Box :D

I bought the 27 at Best Buy for $450.  Very satisfied so far.  My only gripe is that it doesn't have much in the way of picture control built in.  No brightness control or gamma control, only contrast and backlight.  Love the workstation look and USB hubs, great stand.  It's basic/simple in the best way possible.

Just turn down the backlight and in Windows turn down the brightness on your desktop and games to about 0.8.  Otherwise it will display a lot of noise artifacts you shouldn't be seeing.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:33 PM, WaelT said:

Currently my PC is running on a single monitor ASUS VG248QE and I'm looking to buy another display with G-Sync. 

After some research I figured out that Dell is choice to go with *Due to budget* and I have read a lot of positive reviews about the 24" and 27" monitors. I already ordered the S2417DG monitor and it is already on its way, but I just realized that BestBuy has the S2716DGR for the exact same price, and that made me confused a little bit. 

I went with the 24 monitor so I can have 2 x 24 monitors next to each other, but this 27" is hard pass, would my setup look weird or will I feel uncomfortable using a 24 next to 27?

Does anyone have a similar experience? 

Thank you in advance

I would say stick with the S24 honestly. I had a 24in display and a 27in display at my work but ended up selling them for a single ultra wide because I couldn’t get used to the size difference, but that may just be me. If I remember correctly the S24 also can run at 165Hz while the S27 runs at 144Hz, So that’s another incentive to keep the S24. Unless you really want the 27in display, you’ll be perfectly satisfied with the S24. What did you get the S24 for ($)?

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

3 hours ago, KSP said:

I would say stick with the S24 honestly. I had a 24in display and a 27in display at my work but ended up selling them for a single ultra wide because I couldn’t get used to the size difference, but that may just be me. If I remember correctly the S24 also can run at 165Hz while the S27 runs at 144Hz, So that’s another incentive to keep the S24. Unless you really want the 27in display, you’ll be perfectly satisfied with the S24. What did you get the S24 for ($)?

I have been using the S27 for almost a week now and I'm very satisfied. I have my ASUS VG248QE in Portrait mode and the S27 in landscape mode. So far I'm happy with the current setup, although I agree with you that getting an ultra wide screen would be a better choice and I was looking into it but the problem that I needed G-Sync and that would have costed me a lot of money.
I got he S24 for $349.99 and then I snatched S27 for $299.99, so I hope I got a good deal all in all :D

4 hours ago, ShredBird said:

I bought the 27 at Best Buy for $450.  Very satisfied so far.  My only gripe is that it doesn't have much in the way of picture control built in.  No brightness control or gamma control, only contrast and backlight.  Love the workstation look and USB hubs, great stand.  It's basic/simple in the best way possible.

Just turn down the backlight and in Windows turn down the brightness on your desktop and games to about 0.8.  Otherwise it will display a lot of noise artifacts you shouldn't be seeing.

The monitor is really sweet and I agree with you, user can't control a lot of things and it for sure needs color calibration and this this is the part where I'm suffering with, I keep trying different settings for the colors but for some reason I can't feel satisfied 100% with the colors. But overall no regrets so far 

1 minute ago, WaelT said:

The monitor is really sweet and I agree with you, user can't control a lot of things and it for sure needs color calibration and this this is the part where I'm suffering with, I keep trying different settings for the colors but for some reason I can't feel satisfied 100% with the colors. But overall no regrets so far 

Yeah, it seems like a capable monitor as far as color range goes, and the backlighting is very even.  Gonna have to buy a photometer and calibrate it with a color profile.