H100i dying?

So last night I moved my build with a 5930k (cooled by a H100i GTX) and a 1080ti from my Corsair 900D to a Corsair Vengeance C70. Everything fit great. Then when I went to power it on, my cpu temps skyrocketed. They were like 70C in the BIOS. Trying to boot in to Windows made it go to above 90C, then it shut down. So I reseated the pump and fan connectors and nothing. Also noticed that one tube was extremely hot while other one was essentially room temperature. This morning though, my PC booted to windows fine... except the temps idled around 50-60C @4.6GHz/1.32V. My temps used to idle around 30-ish @4.6GHz/1.32V. I realize I moved the build in to a smaller case, but those temp changes seem very drastic. Is my H100i on its last legs?

sounds like the pump power isn't plugged into the same header as before. mounted the radiator into the roof shouldn't have that kinda results.

Nah. Same connector. Only difference is that there are slightly fewer fans in the case in total, and I now how a push config only instead if a push/pull. Don't think those should equal a 30* delta though

1 hour ago, MrLawlessGaming said:

Nah. Same connector. Only difference is that there are slightly fewer fans in the case in total, and I now how a push config only instead if a push/pull. Don't think those should equal a 30* delta though

did you replace the thermal paste?

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

7 minutes ago, MrLawlessGaming said:

Repasted less than a year ago. Didn't remove the cooler when I switched builds

Do you hear any noise coming from the pump? I had this issue with my h110i. 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

1 minute ago, MrLawlessGaming said:

What do ya mean noise? Like a bad noise, no noise or normal operating noise?

like a bad noise, there should be a little but not loud or making any clicking, do you have the corsair software installed?

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

7 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

like a bad noise, there should be a little but not loud or making any clicking, do you have the corsair software installed?

Nah. Haven't had any corsair software installed since day one. I'll check for noise here in a little bit

Just now, MrLawlessGaming said:

Nah. Haven't had any corsair software installed since day one. I'll check for noise here in a little bit

OK download the Corsair Link Software, if you have the USB header plugged in on the pump then the software should be able to tell you info

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

26 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

OK download the Corsair Link Software, if you have the USB header plugged in on the pump then the software should be able to tell you info

I can't find my cable for my corsair Link... does that mean I can't identify the issue. oh, BTW I do hear a bit of a clicking sound. How is corsair with warranty? It's only about 2 years old.

EDIT: Nvm. Warranty won't work. Don't have any documentation. Got it as a gift and don't have a receipt. 

Ordered a Noctua NH-D15S as replacement. Can't get warranty replacement and don't want to wait that long anyway. Wanted to go for an air cooler for some time anyway, this just gives me an excuse lol