need good cooler for good overclocks

Im looking for a good cooler for my Ryzen 1700X for overclocking. I have hit a stable overclock of 4 GHz with an AiO, and want to move to air cooling while still being able to hit that performance. (before you ask im going to make my build a sleeper build and AiO wont fit). Any suggestions? I have higher profile RAM, shown here https://pcpartpicker.com/product/J7RFf7/corsair-vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmu16gx4m2c3000c15r

air cooling is generally better than water cooling in terms of thermals.

depending on the temps you are getting right now with im assuming 240mm cooler, you can downsize the cooler while keeping the same overclock and nice temps. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

air cooling is generally better than water cooling in terms of thermals.

depending on the temps you are getting right now with im assuming 240mm cooler, you can downsize the cooler while keeping the same overclock and nice temps. 

yea im cooling it with a H110i right now. Any good suggestions for an air cooler?

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

yea im cooling it with a H110i right now. Any good suggestions for an air cooler?

not really :( don't know much about coolers outside of the DH-15, H110i, my current one (frostwin v2), and the 212x (or evo)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

Depending on your current case and motherboard i would pick something from NOCTUA lineup they have lists that tell you what combinations are supported by their big ones like the D15. I got a u14-s and im pretty happy with my thermals.

nhd14

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Vandorlot said:

nhd14

im also looking to not spend over $60

4 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

im also looking to not spend over $60

I meant noctua nhd15 se am4. Its the best of the best you just gotta make sure it will fit in yor case and wont block your ram  

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

7 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

I meant noctua nhd15 se am4. Its the best of the best you just gotta make sure it will fit in yor case and wont block your ram  

It may be over budget but you will not get a better cooler even an aio wouldnt work. It will be quiet and you could probably get over 5 ghz.

My Rig

Peripherals

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

What case are you using? The NH-D15 should perform similarly. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

It will be quiet and you could probably get over 5 ghz.

In what universe are you going to get a 1700X to 5GHz using an air cooler? Most people struggle to stay well above the 4GHz mark from what I've seen.

8 hours ago, Nacimota said:

In what universe are you going to get a 1700X to 5GHz using an air cooler? Most people struggle to stay well above the 4GHz mark from what I've seen.

He is using that description to describe the coolers high quality, but if you could hit 5 GHz on Ryzen at all youve won one hell of a silicon lottery

15 hours ago, Nacimota said:

4* and it can get to 4.4 as I have seen with a good cooler. And watercooling as in aio isnt better 

6 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

He is using that description to describe the coolers high quality, but if you could hit 5 GHz on Ryzen at all youve won one hell of a silicon lottery

My Rig

Peripherals

I want to consitent hit 4 GHz on my 1700X (i have tested and i can get there) and need a good air cooler under $50. Would the NH U9B work? Or is there a better one im missing? It also has to be under 135 mm tall

Im looking for a good air cooler to put on my 1700X to be able to hit 4 GHz, but dont know what to get. It needs to be under 135 mm tall and be somewhere under $60. Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, NovaMan01 said:

Im looking for a good air cooler to put on my 1700X to be able to hit 4 GHz, but dont know what to get. It needs to be under 135 mm tall and be somewhere under $60. Any suggestions?

can it be an aio?

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just now, Thermosman said:

can it be an aio?

no id prefer it to be air for a certain use case

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

no id prefer it to be air for a certain use case

You could get a Be Quiet Dark Rock 3, Be Quiet Shadow Rock, Hyper 212 Evo or some kind of Noctua.

I don't know too much about Noctua's though.

If at first you don't succeed...

Call it version 1.0

Spoiler

Main Rig

CPU: Intel i5 6600k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED

MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb (2x4gb)

GPU:

Storage: Seagate 500GB

Case: NZXT S340 Elite