USB 2.0 Hub

KoeppColto024470

So I'm working on upgrading my personal rig and the board I chose only has one USB 2.0 header when I need 4. Are there any good USB Header Hubs out there

4 minutes ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

So I'm working on upgrading my personal rig and the board I chose only has one USB 2.0 header when I need 4. Are there any good USB Header Hubs out there

I don't remember seeing any header hubs at all. But there are Drive Bay mounted usb Hubs. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Just now, Anghammarad said:

I don't remember seeing any header hubs at all. But there are Drive Bay mounted usb Hubs. 

I just want to know cause I have front panel usb 2.0 and a AIO I want to use

Just now, KoeppColto024470 said:

I just want to know cause I have front panel usb 2.0 and a AIO I want to use

May sound harsh, but then you should have chosen another mainboard. 

There are mainboards in the wild which have multiple usb headers to connect more than one frontpanel. Then there are even some that have an USB Port directly on them as well.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

21 minutes ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

I believe next makes one that has 3

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

9 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

May sound harsh, but then you should have chosen another mainboard. 

There are mainboards in the wild which have multiple usb headers to connect more than one frontpanel. Then there are even some that have an USB Port directly on them as well.

You're right I should have chosen a better motherboard. How ever most of the Boards on the LGA 2066 socket only come with one if any USB 2.0 Header

One USB header? I don't believe that.

even the cheapest board that I ever own and knew at least offers 2 headers

What is the type and model?

It's the ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E. I picked it out cause it was the cheapest and the one that had the most positive reviews on pcpartpicker

1 minute ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

image.png.fc1b989d7fd388d6e79b127e68951716.png

That Asus board is a killer board.  Got more ports and hubs that even I would need and I got a lot of stuff hooked up to my machine.  Might want to double-check on the amount of ports and don't forget, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 are backward compatible so they support USB 2.0 also.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X299-E-GAMING/specifications/

But it also had USB 3.0 header

is there any reason why you won't or can't use it?

either way, get USB hub if you want to, price may vary, cheapest I could find is $2 for 4 port, and $15 for 10 ports.

Also, while on topic, getting USB extenders might helps too.

I mean you already have lot's of USB In the back ports, why not utilize it.

7BVvxdRGGO9HBaSm_setting_000_1_90_end_10

Its not 

5 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

But it also had USB 3.0 header

is there any reason why you won't or can't use it?

either way, get USB hub if you want to, price may vary, cheapest I could find is $2 for 4 port, and $15 for 10 ports.

Also, while on topic, getting USB extenders might helps too.

I mean you already have lot's of USB In the back ports, why not utilize it.

7BVvxdRGGO9HBaSm_setting_000_1_90_end_10

its not that I refuse to use 3.0 or 3.1 I just don't see the point in it since I wouldn't get the full speed. I'll use it if I have to. I also forgot to mention I also have Front Panel 3.0. I'm planing to use the R5 Blackout Edition cause I used a r4 in my original setup and the r5 was recommended to me by my professor and several of my friends that own custom builds

1 minute ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

Its not 

its not that I refuse to use 3.0 or 3.1 I just don't see the point in it since I wouldn't get the full speed. I'll use it if I have to

if you're not getting full speed is there any disadvantage for that?

Honestly I really don't get it, it's backward compatible, just like USB 2.0, if you plug a mouse your not getting full speed with a mouse even USB 1.0 bandwith is still too much for a mouse.

13 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

if you're not getting full speed is there any disadvantage for that?

Honestly I really don't get it, it's backward compatible, just like USB 2.0, if you plug a mouse your not getting full speed with a mouse even USB 1.0 bandwith is still too much for a mouse.

Alright thanks I guess I should have done more research before coming to the forums asking for help  

So, what exactly are the 4 things you need 4 USB 2.0 headers for..? As others have said, you can always plug USB 2.0 devices into USB 3.0 ports, there's no problem at all.

Well I have front panel IO, A AIO Cooler, A Fan Controller (thermaltake clams you need there controller to control RGB lighting on their fans and RGB coolers)