vram

misterman

what amount of vram do you need? i need some help to figure out what cuda cores core clock memory speed ex?

1 minute ago, Julian2000nl said:

<2GB = No good

2GB = Okay, low end

4GB = Good, mid end

8GB = Amazing, high end

8GB> = Overkill

This is in general, you didn't specify what you use your system for.

so 6gb would be perfect ;>

The amount of vram will depend on the power of the gpu and what size textures you're using.

Core clock will factor into the overall power the gpu so the higher, the better. Ram speed on the other hand is application depend, some will utilise any extra overclock while others don't.

-アパゾ

Just now, Julian2000nl said:

I'd say 6GB is way more than enough for most people, unless you're planning on playing multiple games active at the same time.

so 1080p a 60hz with a 1060 6gb would be great in pubg and doom?

1 minute ago, Julian2000nl said:

Doom recommended specs:

PUBG is similar, but the game is known for being poorly optimized so you might have lag (spikes) no matter how good your hardware is.

So that card would easily handle it no issue when talking about vram(matter of fact: about every GPU spec)

thank you

Vram depends on res and th cards power. A 1060 doesn't have thto power to use all 6 gigs unless the game is crappy like bo3. You'll be fine regardless though. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz