SSD speeds slow

Vandorlot

I have a 960 evo. When I transfer files my speeds soar up and then go far down to a couple kb a second. How can I fix this?

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

are you using the AHCI? using IDE can make a bottleneck

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Where can I check? BIOS?

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Im on NVME and didnt configure anything so....

My Rig

Peripherals

Just now, Vandorlot said:

Im on NVME and didnt configure anything so....

yeah you can check it through the BIOS, you need the right interface to let your storage shine

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

5 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

I have a 960 evo. When I transfer files my speeds soar up and then go far down to a couple kb a second. How can I fix this?

What are you transferring to/from? The bottleneck could very well be at the other end.

Don't worry about AHCI vs. IDE, that applies to older SATA SSDs.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

What are you transferring to/from? The bottleneck could very well be at the other end.

Don't worry about AHCI vs. IDE, that applies to older SATA SSDs.

Actually Im moving stuff around on my computer not transfering it from another pc. 

My Rig

Peripherals

2 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Actually Im moving stuff around on my computer not transfering it from another pc. 

is it a 20GB file?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

is it a 20GB file?

15. But it happens the same way with every other file. 

My Rig

Peripherals

2 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

15. But it happens the same way with every other file. 

oh so like from partition to other partition transfer?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

57 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

oh so like from partition to other partition transfer?

yep

My Rig

Peripherals

So thats all within the same disk or from different disks? 

Anyway. I have no clue what speeds you can get out of it like that. Since it needs to read and then do the write and cant do operations simutaneously, the speed is probably abysmally slow. 

5 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

yep

so how is it now?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

8 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

so how is it now?

Its the same I didnt change anything.

My Rig

Peripherals

12 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Its the same I didnt change anything.

oh so is the KB dipping bad?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

oh so is the KB dipping bad?

It dips and comes back up repetitively. 

My Rig

Peripherals

7 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

It dips and comes back up repetitively. 

I guess that is normal, that happens in the finishing transfer right?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I guess that is normal, that happens in the finishing transfer right?

It happens throughout the transfer

My Rig

Peripherals

2 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

It happens throughout the transfer

in the middle hey? i guess we can discuss this on PM

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :