Slow Internet speed

spongye88

So the other week the verizon people came out to install their service. When the guy was running the line he installed their router next to the fuse box. Yes i am aware how bad this is since the fuse box is in the garage. But when he was done I did a speed test with a few devices. I wasn't able to get pass 100 MB. I stop the guy and ask if the service was working and he check and said that I have 1GB service running on his end. So i waited a hour and tried again. Same results. I called and the next day a new guy came and saw what the last guy did and was in shocked as much as me. He fixed a lot but i told him not to run a new line till we fix this speed issue. Another tech came out who knew more about networking then the other person. We setup my desktop next to the router with a short cable (cat5E) and got a little faster ( 250mb-300mb) but still not to what they offer. I ask the tech if i can plug in straight to the modem and see what happens. He told me that it would not work since the modem was paired to the modem and it will just fail. I said for sh!t giggles lets try. It worked i got 890mb dl and 950mb ul. They then said that its their router so they replaced it and still the same issue. They told me to call there tech support and they can change the settings in there router and that it should fix the issue. So since i couldn't use wireless i ran a cable to main part of the house and used my router (ASUS RT-AC68R) ans supersized that the speed had increase about 100mb and we had wifi in the house. ( The cable is ran from port 2 on the verizon router to the wan port to the ASUS router.) When I called, i told the guy on the phone how I set it up and he was fine with it, but then told me to use the hard wire straight to my pc and we can test that. I did so and he found that their router was setup wrong. Their tech support put a ticket in to the network people and that helped. 550-650mb dl and 700-800mb ul. But it isn't constant and varies. So I can't find out why this happening and how to resolve it

Here is what I did to me network setting in my computer. I set the duplex to full and to 1gb. turned off all protocols but IPv4. Ran verizon optimizer program and a new catE5 from modem verizon router and to my router. Updated all drivers. I want to make sure that there isn't anything I may have missed in the setting.  

My Setup 

Asus Z97-Pro WiFi AC

Intel i7 4790k 4.00 ghz

16 gb DDR3 

GEFORCE GTX 750ti 

there is a slight overclock

Have you tried restarting your router?

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

try checking the lights on the connection, if not much mistaken a blinking orange means a 100Mbit/s and Green means 1Gbit/s

it could be that one of your devices got the connection speed wrong

I have restarted the router 12 times and hard reboots with verizon. Verizon point out that the port 2 is the faster port and is blinking green. They also check that speed of the port to to ensure the duplex was set correctly. They are insisting that it is with me devices. For the speed test I tried different browsers and and different site to test it and same results. verizon on there site has a speed test of the modem and it gets 950mb DL and 940mb UL. 

Model of your router?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Model of your router?

Verizon Fios G1100 Quantum Gateway Wireless Router (FiOS-G1100 Dual Band).