Should I return?

amas

I just installed a 3tb wd green drive to my system a few days ago and everything was peachy. Partitioned the drives then proceeded to install about 1tb worth of games onto it. Two days has passed then all of a sudden, my system starts freezing on me. Nothing in explorer would close once opened and when I checked my drives, one of the two partitions I made was not being shown correctly (name and drive showing up but not showing free space). I then relaunched explorer and the partitions then swapped (one being shown while the other just sitting there name only). Since my windows wasn't responding I had to do a hard shut down and my MBR messed up somehow. 

The drive I installed showed in BIOS every now and then and showed up briefly when I tried using a USB adapter to my laptop. As of right now the drive still spins up but isn't showing at all in BIOS or Windows explorer/disk management. Ended up reinstalling Windows and doing a BIOS update hoping it would help but it did not.

I guess tl;dr: Is there something I could be missing or did my hdd pcb just die or something? I kinda don't want to return the drive if possible since I did spend a whole ton of bandwidth getting those games in there and I also moved several large folders of music too @.@

My system specs if it helps:

Asrock 990fx extreme4

256gb samsung pro ssd

1tb wd green drive

3tb wd green drive (the one at question here)

La`~

In hindsight I guess I should have put this in the troubleshooting section  :P

La`~

Youre using the ASRock 3+ tb utility?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

In hindsight I guess I should have put this in the troubleshooting section  :P

Well, if you can try and get the games/music copied without it crashing on you, then do that & send it back. If not, have you tried to undo the partition on the drive?

Edit: Also, you mentioned downloading games... Might wanna run a virus scan ;)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youre using the ASRock 3+ tb utility?

I tried plugging it into my brothers Z77-e board with that installed and it didn't change anything. It doesn't even register in BIOS so from what I'm gathering from the net, the drive pcb could be gone.

Well, if you can try and get the games/music copied without it crashing on you, then do that & send it back. If not, have you tried to undo the partition on the drive?

Edit: Also, you mentioned downloading games... Might wanna run a virus scan ;)

It's not showing up at all. I tried recovery options but the drive just isn't being detected. It flashed up once when I plugged it in via USB but it quickly disappeared and I got sad. Also, it's Steam games. 1tb of Steam games. 

La`~

Looks like I'll just return the drive. Good thing it's Amazon. Hope there's no sensitive data left in those files. :unsure:

La`~

HDD I/O Problem I think..

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

HDD I/O Problem I think..

Yeah, most likely. I should be getting my replacement today. Hopefully it doesn't poop itself in 3 days. :P

La`~