Galaxy S8 Worth it

So my LG g4 has been having some problems and im looking at a new phone is the galaxy s8 worth the price i have read reviews but would like so opinions of users of the phone if I should get it or not

1 minute ago, mok said:

well the reviews ARE of users of the phone

true enough never really thought that one thorugh

2 minutes ago, Lord0047 said:

true enough never really thought that one thorugh

if you have the money, it is good.

S8 is a great phone indeed but I prefer the S8+

Great performance, screen and battery life.

Android 8 update should be dropping soon for S8 / S8+

Alright thanks just wanted to make sure i get my moneys worth instead of getting one that stops working after 8 months

The S8 has been performing very well for me over the past few months of ownerschip. The battery gets me through a day of usage but if I wish I had the extra oomph of the 8+. The updates come slow but consistent and security patches happen at around the end of each month. If you have the budget to blow, it is a nice phone to waste it on. Just keep in mind that it's very prone to scratches because of all the glass. Slowdowns don't happen and I haven't had performance issues so far. Consistency and reliability are very good things too.

I would recommend checking out the Razer Phone too. They just announced it yesterday and it looks pretty decent. If you have any specific questions let me know.

It’s a good phone but my experience has not been very rosy.

It tends to lag, stutter and generally hiccups a bit under use. It’s not as bad but if you are after a smooth Android experience, something like a OnePlus 5 or the upcoming Razer Phone (or the HTC U11+ if you can buy one) may be better options.

I would actually recommend you get the Note8 if you can find one on a deal. I use one and my experience has been significantly better than the S8, or wait for the Oreo update if you choose to get the S8 as it improves performance significantly.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1