Horizontal Artifacts (Strings) on Start Up.

Go to solution Solved by bboysania,

To everyone who still has this problem, I found a solution! 

Re-installing windows did not really help because windows was automatically installing GPU drivers including nvidia 3d vision which was not supported by my monitor (i guess this was the problem).

What i did after was again a clean install of windows without internet connection. 
I installed the newest drivers which i preloaded before manually: GPU, Chipset, Network drivers etc without internet connection. 

When the installation was complete I connected to the internet and did a quick windows update.

Afterthat I overclocked my display to 165Hz and everything is working smooth again.

Hello linustechtips community, 

after windows 10 update (creators update) im getting some wierd horizontal artifacts on start up (i will upload a small video).

Sometimes they are bigger and more intensive and other times almost invisible like in the video i've made now. 
Here is my setup:

Asus ROG PG279Q (overclocked to 165hz),

Intel i7 6700k (not overclocked),

GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (not overclocked),

EVGA Supernova 650 W G2,

Asus Maximus VIII gene,

32 GB RAM from Corsair,

250GB SSD + 1TB HDD,

I am certain that it has nothing to do with my GPU (2-3 months old), as before the update everything was running smooth with the same setup

I played around a bit and found out that if I set my display to default 144hz, the artifacts dissapear.

The problem is that before Windows Creators Update everything was working just fine even with my monitor overclocked to 165hz.

So I guess it is a software issue.

I have tried several things like disabling/enabling fast boot and messing with some other windows settings, un-reinstalling/updating GPU drivers etc. Still no progress!

I also updated my bios to the latest versions, still no luck.

Is there someone on the same boat with me? Has someone found a solution without RMAing GPU/Monitor/Motherboard etc?

I am guessing it is some kind of  GPU/Monitor + Win10 compatibility issue but i still didnt find a real solution.

If anyone has some advices or wants to share his/her experiences on this issues it will be highly appreciated.

vlc-record-2017-10-29-11h19m20s-20171029_104033.mp4-.mp4

My 290 used to do that too on startup and shutdown, I never figured out why but ive noticed a leaking cap on the 290, I guess it was on it's last legs

Thank you Generallee, following your advice i removed my GTX 1080 Ti for an eyeball inspection, i could not find anything at all its a brand new GPU, all the capacitors look new, nothing to worry about. 

What I did next is I booted my PC without GPU at all, with an intel-integrated graphics and surprisingly I found even more artifacts check the video below.
I am going to re-install windows from scratch and will post my results soon today.

Here is the video of PC reboot without GPU with an intel-integrated graphics.

20171029_152608.mp4

To everyone who still has this problem, I found a solution! 

Re-installing windows did not really help because windows was automatically installing GPU drivers including nvidia 3d vision which was not supported by my monitor (i guess this was the problem).

What i did after was again a clean install of windows without internet connection. 
I installed the newest drivers which i preloaded before manually: GPU, Chipset, Network drivers etc without internet connection. 

When the installation was complete I connected to the internet and did a quick windows update.

Afterthat I overclocked my display to 165Hz and everything is working smooth again.