Not letting Me Boot the Windows 10 Setup of a USB Drive

Sword_Master67

I'm trying to boot of a USB drive to get into the windows 10 setup and it says "reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media and Press A key"

How do i get rid of this?

I have downloaded the setup of Microsoft's website.

if you have another USB drive try setting that up. for some reason i dont no some USBs dont work and others do.

i have 3 of the same USB i got from the same store at the same time only 1 lets me boot windows from it the other 2 give me the same message.

HI

Did you download the tool that makes your USB device bootable media?

American by birth, Greek by ancestry and pride, Geek by enthusiasm, Electronics Engineer by choice , Musician by passion, Blackbeard by appearance.

Pc: Name Vanericus Creation date 11/20/2009 

Laptop: Name Blackbeard date 27/7/2016 Msi GT72S 6QD Diminator G                                            

10 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

dont use the microsoft tool its trash use rufus much better

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

The Windows tool works perfectly and will download the files then automatically prepare and create the media for you. Rufus will not and requires you already have an ISO and know the difference between legacy mode and UEFI mode.

By suggesting Rufus you're just adding unnecessary complications to the process.

31 minutes ago, Sword_Master67 said:

I'm trying to boot of a USB drive to get into the windows 10 setup and it says "reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media and Press A key"

How do i get rid of this?

I have downloaded the setup of Microsoft's website.

You probably just need to open up the boot menu and select the drive to be booted from.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

your right microsofts tool does work. i think its trash because the last time i used it, it had to keep downloading the operating system because it wouldnt burn it to a USB for some reason and everytime i tried it redownloaded the files

and by the sound of it Sword_Master67 has already got the ISO file and i could be wrong i havnt used it in ages but wouldnt you need to download the tool then download the files though the tool to burn them to the USB? 

if thats the case Swort_Master67 would be wasting time and downloads doing that when it sounds like already has the ISO file.