can't enable 144hz Benq XL2720Z

hola,

i somehow i can't ron on 144hz anymore. it has allways worked just fine but not anymore.

i run a 1060 3gb paired with a ryzen 1600, no overclocks. monitor is a Benq XL2720Z using a DP cable.

like i said it allways worked.. i have downloaded and installed all the latest drivers and am at the latest bios revision.

can anybody help?

Hey man, have you set the monitor to 144 Hz in the windows display setting? Apart from using the right cable and drivers thats the only thing i can think of. Also in the BenQ settings there is an option to receive 1080 60Hz, maybe you have that set differently

6 hours ago, ben9452 said:

Hey man, have you set the monitor to 144 Hz in the windows display setting? Apart from using the right cable and drivers thats the only thing i can think of. Also in the BenQ settings there is an option to receive 1080 60Hz, maybe you have that set differently

Yup, tried to do it in windows but 144hz wasn't one of the options. The settings in the monitor only show what it recieves.. i also tried to create a custom resolution in the nvidea software, but that bricked my dp port, had to reinstall video drivers for that to work (using a dvi cable) im going to search for a dvi-d dual link cable (mine is not dual link, the monitor says), maybe that that helps, that my dp cable is nut good anymore.. while having the dvi-d cable inserted it did give me the option to go 144hz but than the monitor said it wasn't dual link