Windows 10 Video Folder Issues

shiggy

https://gyazo.com/a8d69c1d60f1fccca684f5b20b0dc981

So I moved my video folder from my C: drive to my D: drive. I had to make a folder or two so it would actually move into it. So I copied how it worked in the C: drive [D:/Users/Shane/Videos] and for some reason I have one videos folder, that I can't change the name of, called "Shane" and the other is called Videos. The Shane folder is a subfolder of the Videos folder, but I can't change or delete it. Help?

17 minutes ago, shiggy said:

https://gyazo.com/a8d69c1d60f1fccca684f5b20b0dc981

So I moved my video folder from my C: drive to my D: drive. I had to make a folder or two so it would actually move into it. So I copied how it worked in the C: drive [D:/Users/Shane/Videos] and for some reason I have one videos folder, that I can't change the name of, called "Shane" and the other is called Videos. The Shane folder is a subfolder of the Videos folder, but I can't change or delete it. Help?

Can't delete a folder if it still has something inside of it like another folder or picture, video, etc.  The problem you are having may be caused by a "hidden" folder or file.  Make sure there is nothing hidden in the folders you want to get rid of by right clicking on the folder properties and making sure the thing to hide stuff is not checked.  When there is nothing hidden, then you can delete them, provided they are not system files or folders.  Good luck.

KB5 is right if there are still files in that folder you won't be able to move it.

The simplest way in my opinion is to make the drives empty go to C/users/(your username)/ then select videos ctrl x then paste them where ever you like you video folder to be

2 minutes ago, shiggy said:

Nevermind, it fixed itself I guess, thanks for the help guys.

Thanks for the support and glad to help.  That is what this forum is all about.  Take care and have fun.