Failed to create D3D9 Device!

Od1sseas

I get this error when i try to launch Dirty Bomb (Failed to create D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting....It worked great in Creators Update but after updating to Fall Creators Update i get this error. I get the same error on Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I also tried a clean Windows 10 installation and still the same.How to fix this!?

on any windows u still need to manually install dx9.0c

download directx 9.0c manually :v especially after a clean install

(◑‿◐)

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Have you modified the Engine.ini and locked it?

What is this file? :P

1 minute ago, Od1sseas said:

What is this file? :P

Oooh so you must be new to DB. ShooterEngine.ini is a configuration file for all Unreal3 games, DB's ShooterEngine.ini has a ton of options you can edit to make the game run like less of a stuttering mess. A lot of players end up messing with it to make the game run better, it also creates issues half of the time.

Since you haven't done that yet you'll probably want to reinstall DirectX 9 and your graphics drivers.

Oooh so you must be new to DB. ShooterEngine.ini is a configuration file for all Unreal3 games, DB's ShooterEngine.ini has a ton of options you can edit to make the game run like less of a stuttering mess. A lot of players end up messing with it to make the game run better, it also creates issues half of the time.

Since you haven't done that yet you'll probably want to reinstall DirectX 9 and your graphics drivers.

I did a clean installation of Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) and installed all the drivers. Didn't fix anything

Just now, Od1sseas said:

I did a clean installation of Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) and installed all the drivers. Didn't fix anything

Did you install DirectX 9? Including all the versions of it?

Did you install DirectX 9? Including all the versions of it?

Yes.

And also if i change the resolusion of the display the game starts to run without any error! If i set it back to default (1080p) i get the same error again. Weird

2 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

Yes.

And also if i change the resolusion of the display the game starts to run without any error! If i set it back to default (1080p) i get the same error again. Weird

Did you verify the game files?

Did you verify the game files?

Yes for both CSGO and Dirty Bomb. Also uninstalled and installed again.

Changing the resolution to anything except 1920x1080 fixes the problem. If i set it to 1920x1080 i get the same error... wtf

Capture.PNG

Just now, Od1sseas said:

Yes for both CSGO and Dirty Bomb. Also uninstalled and installed again.

Changing the resolution to anything except 1920x1080 fixes the problem. If i set it to 1920x1080 i get the same error... wtf

Thaaaaaaaaat's.. odd.