Please help!

sivertholmvik

Hey, my brothers ps4 is  kind of dead i guess.

First it started overheating when playing games and then my brother tried to initialize it and it didnt work because of the overheating. So now its stuck in a loop and the overheating may have caused damage. When i turn it on and wait for 5 minutes then the screen tears and it disconnects hdmi. But it is still on and the white bar is still there on the ps4 it self. and i can hear the fan running. 

What can this issue be? Im going to tear it apart tomorrow but it is always good to have some places to look at.

Thanks for your help!

The PS4 maybe damaged and I suggest cleaning it ASAP

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

The PS4 maybe damaged and I suggest cleaning it ASAP

Thats what i was thinking of doing. Im going to clean it with compressed air tomorrow and changing the thermal paste on the apu and stuff.

4 hours ago, sivertholmvik said:

Thats what i was thinking of doing. Im going to clean it with compressed air tomorrow and changing the thermal paste on the apu and stuff.

I would advise either grounding yourself by touching a radiator for a few seconds or wearing non-static gloves if you will need to touch any of the components inside when using the compressed air or changing the paste etc. Q-tips are also good if you want to get really clean.

01000001 01110110 01100001 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01101000 01100101

3 hours ago, UponAvalanche said:

I would advise either grounding yourself by touching a radiator for a few seconds or wearing non-static gloves if you will need to touch any of the components inside when using the compressed air or changing the paste etc. Q-tips are also good if you want to get really clean.

I have built computers before. So i know the drill already. I just posted this topic to maybe hear some problems that might be occuring. So i can check them out. :D

14 hours ago, sivertholmvik said:

I have built computers before. So i know the drill already. I just posted this topic to maybe hear some problems that might be occuring. So i can check them out. :D

Ahh okie dokie. :) 

01000001 01110110 01100001 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01101000 01100101