How to play non-VR PC games on Rift or Vive?

Sabbir Hassan
Go to solution Solved by Clockwork_princess,

well all you can do is play them in the VR space, the game wont be in VR and youll use the keyboard and mouse still and be sitting in a chair or standing, cant walk to move

youll just look like you're sitting in a room that you pick, so like a movie theater and you're playing the game on the movie theater screen.

only if there is a mod or official VR version can you actually play it in VR 

i bought a vive and honelsty ive used it a handfull of times, the first 3 weeks was fun then after that i used it like maybe once a month or once every few months, and it was when people came over to play it, i rarely play it on my own. its really not as fun after the initial experience

I am interest in playing The Evil Within 2 and resident evil 7 in vr. I got GTX1070 for VR and wanna buy HTC or OCULUS. can I play non-VR PC games on Rift or Vive?

well all you can do is play them in the VR space, the game wont be in VR and youll use the keyboard and mouse still and be sitting in a chair or standing, cant walk to move

youll just look like you're sitting in a room that you pick, so like a movie theater and you're playing the game on the movie theater screen.

i bought a vive and honelsty ive used it a handfull of times, the first 3 weeks was fun then after that i used it like maybe once a month or once every few months, and it was when people came over to play it, i rarely play it on my own. its really not as fun after the initial experience

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

14 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

I some video on trying PSVR  on PC playing GTA. I was hoping to pay some horror games on my pc in VR.......

1 hour ago, Sabbir Hassan said:

I some video on trying PSVR  on PC playing GTA. I was hoping to pay some horror games on my pc in VR.......

they do haver VR horror games, I have played a few and they are good are very scary (but i get scared easily) 

only downside is most VR games cost more then their worth.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

they do haver VR horror games, I have played a few and they are good are very scary (but i get scared easily) 

only downside is most VR games cost more then their worth.

I wanna play outlast 2 or  Evil Within 2 or resident evil 7 on VR. Those games looks better then VR horror games 

I wanna play outlast 2 or  Evil Within 2 or resident evil 7 on VR. Those games looks better then VR horror games 

i think outlast VR is on PSVR, its just not easy to take a game then add first person and motion controls and then having to map buttons, and add all this stuff the game doesn't have, and having it so you can walk around

thats why most games that go VR have a separate relase and not a DLC becase they have to do a lot to make it work in VR. its not a simple click a VR button and the game is suddenly VR capable 

Spoiler

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

i think outlast VR is on PSVR, its just not easy to take a game then add first person and motion controls and then having to map buttons, and add all this stuff the game doesn't have, and having it so you can walk around

thats why most games that go VR have a separate relase and not a DLC becase they have to do a lot to make it work in VR. its not a simple click a VR button and the game is suddenly VR capable 

i am ok with using mouse keyboard or stream controller. VR view is the main target of mine 

i am ok with using mouse keyboard or stream controller. VR view is the main target of mine 

it still doesn't work like that, the game will look like if you where to play it on the pc screen, youll just be looking at your computer screen in a VR world you wont be inside the game like a true VR game.

the dev would still have to add headset tracking, then you have to think you have to run the game at 90FPS or youll be getting headaches. 

VR still hasn't taken off so i don't expect to see big games turned VR anytime soon, other then the ones bethesda are making like skyrim, fallout 4 and the new DOOM

Spoiler

but look aorund for mods for games you want in VR, like minecraft has a VR mod and it works 100% perfectly 

Spoiler