Cable Supplier- FrozenCPU or ModDIY?

I know what gauge and that the wire should be UL1007 approved, but I am wondering if people have had experience with either of the two stores wires (FrozenCPU & ModDIY) or both would be better.  I know Frozen is stable pricing for their wire (25 cents a foot for all 3 gauges) than ModDIY (19-32 cents a foot, depending on gauge) and both have multiple colors (helpful to avoid color bleedthrough on the sleeving itself) but I am wondering if anyone has had experience with either of their cables to let me know if they have issues or not, or even if they have a nice glowing recommendation.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Nephanor said:

I know what gauge and that the wire should be UL1007 approved, but I am wondering if people have had experience with either of the two stores wires (FrozenCPU & ModDIY) or both would be better.  I know Frozen is stable pricing for their wire (25 cents a foot for all 3 gauges) than ModDIY (19-32 cents a foot, depending on gauge) and both have multiple colors (helpful to avoid color bleedthrough on the sleeving itself) but I am wondering if anyone has had experience with either of their cables to let me know if they have issues or not, or even if they have a nice glowing recommendation.

Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/48kuon/is_frozencpucom_still_up_and_running/

25 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Well damn, glad you told me.  Damn, gonna be a pain, they have some of the stuff I was looking for too!  I wonder if anyone else sells UV purple terminals >.<

EDIT: Well, Performance PCs has all I need in the other areas!  That solves ALL my problems, since I already have dealt with them and they are VERY trustworthy.  Thanks again @Glenwing, you saved me a HUGE disaster!

15 hours ago, Nephanor said:

Thanks!

Never ever use FrozenCPU. The owner went insane years back. There a video on him smashed a 10K PC that was sent to frozenCPU as a Gift. He then fired everyone. Most of the former employee's formed a website/store called Modmymods.com. It has great support & stock, Very trust worthy site. Modmymods is also on Amazon.com marketplace.

-----

Some of these sites wiring is on the cheap end of things, it's why it's do cheap. Performance-pcs wiring comes from Moddiy. I have some of the wiring from Performance, it's on the cheap side. I personally would use Mouser.com or an actual Sleeving supply shop. All my 16AWG wiring comes from Mod-One. I use the thicker version. It's by far my favorite sleeving supply shop for wiring, Sleeving & heatshrink. I use Molex Branded connectors & gold plated terminals for my cables. Which no store carries, so that all comes from mouser. If you want the links for Molex connectors & terminals I can put the links up.

Wiring 16AWG 2.5 OD

Link: https://mod-one.com/m1-custom-2-4mm-od-black-16awg-25ft/

My 22 AWG comes from AlphaWire bought via Mouser. It may be a bit more expensive, but it high grade wiring & made in the US.

----

It also doesn't have to be 1007, 1007 just code reference for the style of wiring it is. Most use 1007 since it's the cheapest hookup wire available due to fact it's PVC at 300v. The wiring just has to be Hookup Wire with 300v or 600v.

For my 22 AWG I use AWM 11028.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Some of these sites wiring is on the cheap end of things, it's why it's do cheap. Performance-pcs wiring comes from Moddiy. I have some of the wiring from Performance, it's on the cheap side. I personally would use Mouser.com or an actual Sleeving supply shop. All my 16AWG wiring comes from Mod-One. I use the thicker version. It's by far my favorite sleeving supply shop for wiring, Sleeving & heatshrink. I use Molex Branded connectors & gold plated terminals for my cables. Which no store carries, so that all comes from mouser. If you want the links for Molex connectors & terminals I can put the links up.

Good to know.  I am trying to navigate Mouser, as I would prefer to use high end cables when I make my system cables (don't care much when it comes to the practice/learning ones or fan ones) but trying to figure out what the heck is what is not that easy.  They aren't all that easy to find things on.  Especially the insulation.  I am looking specifically for one with a purple/violet insulation, so it will match the sleeving.  And yes please, love to see the the link, since it appears that they are Canadian friendly.

5 hours ago, Nephanor said:

Good to know.  I am trying to navigate Mouser, as I would prefer to use high end cables when I make my system cables (don't care much when it comes to the practice/learning ones or fan ones) but trying to figure out what the heck is what is not that easy.  They aren't all that easy to find things on.  Especially the insulation.  I am looking specifically for one with a purple/violet insulation, so it will match the sleeving.  And yes please, love to see the the link, since it appears that they are Canadian friendly.

Color purple is very un-common when it comes to sleeving & wiring.

AlphaWire mppe 16 AWG Violet.

Link: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Wire/6716-VI005/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtW9UaYX5J1tEebH9%2bQVuXxNzjrjRfhShA%3d

I think Digikey stocks the color. Mouser would have to special order it.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon