Need help for a dd3 build.

AuzzieG

I have some PNY DD3 Ram, 16gb in total. 8gbx2

Is it still a viable option for AAA gaming? If so, I would really appreciate tips and parts suggestions for a build. my budget is 1300-1400$

I do lean towards a AMD but I'm open to Intel if the price is right.

All the sticks of Ram say is 8gb, DD3 DIMM, K DOJKH-T PO215641

I tried that PC building website, but I don't trust myself for picking compatible parts even though it states that they are. This is kind of my last resort as the folk of reddit were not too helpful.

Thanks.

Hee :)

That's a nice budget for a PC build.

Can I ask you why you want to recycle your PNY RAM?

This kind of forces you to buy older platforms. even though they are packed with performance, you might want to consider selling the RAM and getting a complete new build.

5 minutes ago, AuzzieG said:

I have some PNY DD3 Ram, 16gb in total. 8gbx2

Is it still a viable option for AAA gaming? If so, I would really appreciate tips and parts suggestions for a build. my budget is 1300-1400$

I do lean towards a AMD but I'm open to Intel if the price is right.

All the sticks of Ram say is 8gb, DD3 DIMM, K DOJKH-T PO215641

I tried that PC building website, but I don't trust myself for picking compatible parts even though it states that they are. This is kind of my last resort as the folk of reddit were not too helpful.

Thanks.

You sure you don't want to upgrade to ddr4? Going with ddr3 means that you will need an older cpu and motherboard. And with that budget you can certainly get a pretty damn good system.

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

It's not really recycled. It was a gift. I wanted to save a bit by just using the given ram. I also have the operating system available if that helps any...

where might I be able to sell the RAM and how may I proceed with a better build according to my budget? 

Keep the ram for display and get you a better system, cause DDR4 is the new mainstream.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

No point going for a haswell now just because you have the ram, you’d benefit much more going for a ddr4 build.

they're abit too old for a modern platform, kabylake is the best that'll support ddr3 if you can find the mobo with ddr3 slots. sell the ram sticks and use the money for the build instead. whats your country? need os/monitor/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Im good with monitor and OS but keyboard and mouse will be needed too. 

I live in the US.  Any suggestions for a build of that budget?