Overclock

PurpleCodes

I have a mining rig with 3 gtx 1070's and they dont want to over clock past 250 mem and 275 core. im using msi after burner and when i try past those it just freezes and crashes. temp never goes above 50 C.

What is your power supply my guy?

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

What is your power supply my guy?

650 watt and it currently runs at 400watts based off of a meter that i have pluged in

so it has plenty more wattage

53 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

650 watt and it currently runs at 400watts based off of a meter that i have pluged in

so it has plenty more wattage

3 GTX 1070s, especially overclocked, should alone draw more than 400 watt under full load and that doesn't account for the CPU and rest of the system. Try removing one or two cards and see how much your wattage changes.

Just now, Medicate said:

3 GTX 1070s, especially overclocked, should alone draw more than 400 watt under full load and that doesn't account for the CPU and rest of the system. Try removing one or two cards and see how much your wattage changes.

i have power set to 70%

3 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

i have power set to 70%

Well you can't overclock a GPU or CPU and then limit it's power draw. Maybe that's why it can't be overclocked past a certain point.

35 minutes ago, Medicate said:

Well you can't overclock a GPU or CPU and then limit it's power draw. Maybe that's why it can't be overclocked past a certain point.

I dont think that is true multiple people say that you can. If you go to any cryptocurrency site or reddit people post there gpu overclocking configs and they have way higher overclocks with same amount of power

19 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

I dont think that is true multiple people say that you can. If you go to any cryptocurrency site or reddit people post there gpu overclocking configs and they have way higher overclocks with same amount of power

You have to consider every card is different. Nevertheless, does changing this option to 100% and above allow you to increase your overclock?

51 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You have to consider every card is different. Nevertheless, does changing this option to 100% and above allow you to increase your overclock?

No only increase the watts that it comsumes