Looking for TV recommendations

Good day LTT!

I am planning to upgrade my living room TV from the 32in 720p Dynex that my uncle gave me 6 years ago to something a bit more modern.  After doing substantial research, here is what I've arrived at so far:

Use cases: Netflix/Movie Machine (input: HDMI out from audio receiver), light console gaming from ps4 (mostly destiny), additional screen for couch gaming from my main PC (specs in profile)

I obviously have no need of any "smart" features, and since I will be taking all the input from 1 HDMI cable, I don't need more inputs.  Since my receiver will be handling sound, the speakers are of no consequence, and I won't need to wall mount it.  

Here are the features that WILL be important:

-1080p (because my TV needs to get there at some point). Not going 4K just yet due to lack on content, and I'd rather go for a nicer gaming monitor first, since I do most of my gaming on PC.

-40-50 inches.  I believe that size will fit best in my living room. The couch is 10 ft away from the entertainment center.

-60 hz refresh rate (the "real" refresh rate. I'm full aware that the 240 tru motion stuff is garbage balls).  If I can get higher, sure, but again, I'm focusing on my desktop for better gaming experience; I just want at least basic standards on my TV.

-Good contrast ratio.  From what I've read, this would be one of the factors that best effects how the TV actually looks, but it's hard to find in the specs.

-Budget: around $400 USD.

Any tips from the community? Thank you in advance!