Help deciding parts

Tsavizard

Hello and greetings from Greece. I am finally going to buy a new computer after being with only my i5 3340 and its igfx since april (that was when my gtx560 kicked the bucket). I got a budget of around 1000 euros and via a site called skroutz.gr (which lists a few shops and their prices and they usually are the cheapest). So obviously I am interested in gaming and would like to have the option of playing any game (give or take) so here are the parts I have chosen so far and I would like help cutting a few corners . 

CPU  Ryzen 5 1600   @206euros

RAM G.skill 16GB 3000mhz   @159 euros

GPU gtx 1080 palit gamerock premium @580 euros

Mobo asus b350 prime plus @92 euros

case phanteks eclipse p300   @75 euros

storage 1tb seagate barracuda   @44 euros

psu evga supernova 550 g2 @84 euros

total is around 1150-1200euros 

have I gone overkill on some parts ? can i cut down on anything?   

Clarification: all 16gb ddr4 rams regardless of frequency were at the same price level of around 155-160 euros (the cheapest) , the cheapest 1080 was a palit dual oc at 520 (is it good ? it can save me 60 euros and I dont want to go 1070 or below) the case was chosen in combination with looks and price and I found hardware cannucks review . I intend to keep this pc for a long time otherwise I would go with a 1070 or less but im sure the price/performance difference will also become a time difference in the long run. the psu was chosen using a psu tier list in LTT forums if i remember right and I was told to pick from tier1 considering the cpu and gpu. also I went 16gb instead of 8GB and adding another 8 later because the 8GB were around 100euros so it was inefficient

I got a SSD sandisk ultra II at 240GB from my current computer so i am not getting a new one

https://www.skroutz.gr

I haven't checked amazon recently because apart from shipping there may be customs/tax involved that will elevate the price from e.g 1000USD to around 1300+ euros which is not worth it

My current PC is intel i5 3340, 4GB ddr3 ram, asrock h61m-ps4 , and a recom PE600plus  not certified (http://www.recom.nl/downloads/Recom RC-PE600Plus Datasheet.pdf

3 minutes ago, Tsavizard said:

cut

Well, that's surely a big jump in terms of performance.

Basically all 1080 are the same, you should check the difference in quality by checking reviews of both your chosen model and the cheapest one you can get. If you see a tangible difference in speed, temperatures or issues you can choose accordingly, but if they fall flat on the same level only the look can justify an higher price over the first one.

Overall I think it's a well put build. It is very efficient, it has a lot of power (you could easily play on 4K with that) and it doesn't cost that much for what you get.

as mentioned above i was about to say that for palit 1080 . btw do you just want to game or productivity?  

6 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Basically all 1080 are the same, you should check the difference in quality by checking reviews of both your chosen model and the cheapest one you can get. If you see a tangible difference in speed, temperatures or issues you can choose accordingly, but if they fall flat on the same level only the look can justify an higher price over the first one.

I can find reviews on the gamerock and other "named" models but the cheapest one(palit dual oc) i cant find any. I don't plan on overclocking immediatel, maybe later or if in the future i can (and probably will) get extra "mileage" 

my current monitor (which i failed to mention) is a philips 23IT 1080p monitor with integrated tv tuner 5ms with dolby digital and whatever truevision and smartsound is ( as a university student I was originally going to watch tv too, then greek tv just became even shittier and it is now a full time monitor) will probably upgrade it next time so 4k atm is not going to happen

Just now, Fardin said:

as mentioned above i was about to say that for palit 1080 . btw do you just want to game or productivity?  

I'd like to use it for both. 

Looks good to me.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, Tsavizard said:

I'd like to use it for both. 

then you have made the perfect choice going with 1600. if only gaming , i would suggest intel 8400 as it would be noticeably better in 1080p. just one side note, get asus strix b350f gaming if possible as it is the best b350 board but thats not a must. asus prime b350 is a good board too. overall your build is pretty solid & congrats for that. 

Yeah, your build is nice.

I was planning on building the same build, however decided to go for i5 8400 as I plan to game only. Going for GTX 1080 as well, because went to 1440p 144Hz from 1080p 60Hz one month ago and need that horsepower.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

3 hours ago, Demm said:

Yeah, your build is nice.

I was planning on building the same build, however decided to go for i5 8400 as I plan to game only. Going for GTX 1080 as well, because went to 1440p 144Hz from 1080p 60Hz one month ago and need that horsepower.

I am going with this build because I know it is going to last me a long time, and though the 8400 is better for gaming I prefer the flexibility the ryzen may provide(also wanna try team red's cpu for once :P ) if i were asked what i need vs what i want all of this is in the want category but Im cool with this