Juiced Systems BizHUB - Is something wrong with my dongle?

Hello everyone,

Though I've been following Techquickie & LinusTechTips for a long time, this is actually my first post in LTT forum.

I received the Juiced Systems BizHUB 2 days ago and I've been testing things. I checked things like data transfer speed, ethernet speed, HDMI connection quality etc. These are fine but something else is wrong. 

I was charging my macbook pro 2017 entry TB 13" via the pass-through charging port just to check if it works. And it does. Then I plugged in some UBS devices - a thumb drive and an 500G external hdd(no external power) - it also worked. But when I removed the pass through charging, all the connected devices disconnected and re-connected after couple of seconds and macOS warned me that 'Device not ejected properly'. Just to be sure I checked it about dozen time and every time this happens.

Also when I'm not using the pass-through charging cable and a 3TB external hdd(with external power) is connected - if I connect the 500G external hdd(no external power) it disconnects the 3TB HDD and other devices if connected. I've concluded that if the hub goes through sudden changes in the amount of available distributing power(?), it disconnects all attached devices.

I've made a purchase decision based on this video: 

In the video there is no mention of problems of this sort.  If anyone can inform if this is an intended behaviour or if this is a fault in the unit it would be appreciated.

It cost 135$ to purchase and get it shipped to India. I need to know whether I should keep it or return for refund.

Thanks.