Windows Store Question

Votivee

I'm in college and I leave my pc at school and my Xbox one at home so I have something to do when I come home for long weekends like this one.

I recently bought a game (Forza Horizon 3) on the windows store on my pc, and I was curious if it was possible to download the game on the Xbox for free since I have already bought it and it's on the same account.

Another reason I feel this is possible is because in the store it says it's "available on xbox and pc" making me believe that if I own it, i can play it on both (see picture).

Is this possible or is Microsoft going to force me to buy it again?

Capture.JPG

~Air Cooling Advocate~

EDIT: Just saw the description in the lower left corner of the picture confirming my question, although I can't get the game to show up on my xbox anywhere, and it's even asking me to buy the game in the store.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

8 minutes ago, Votivee said:

EDIT: Just saw the description in the lower left corner of the picture confirming my question, although I can't get the game to show up on my xbox anywhere, and it's even asking me to buy the game in the store.

I think Microsoft has some people confused.  What I think they mean to say instead of "XBox and PC" is really "XBox OR PC".

21 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Are you using the same MS account on both?

I haven't used "Xbox Play Anywhere" much, but I did buy Killer Instinct on Win10 and it was available to download later when I got an Xbox One S, DLC and all.

Once you buy it, you can play on any PC or Xbox (when you're signed in), and one PC and one Xbox when offline. 

It's kinda like buying on Steam, you can download on as many devices (PC and Xbox) as you want. 

One of the cool things they let you do, on your "home Xbox" (the one set up for offline), anyone can sign-in and play it, and you can still play on a PC. Great for co-op games since you only need one copy for both people.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:27 PM, kb5zue said:

I think Microsoft has some people confused.  What I think they mean to say instead of "XBox and PC" is really "XBox OR PC".

No, its once purchase on both platforms, its just kinda glitchy RN.

Have you tried restarting it?