Best operating system for audio editing / listening to music

I have been looking for an operating to listen to my music off of but also use for music creation and music editing. I have thought about audiophile Linux but I don't want to pay for a faster download. 

I doubt you'll notice a difference between any system for listening, but for recording purposes, Macs are common due to how Mac OS handles audio with much less latency.  Personally I think with the right gear and setup this doesn't actually have to come into play, but it's something to keep in mind.  Also, It should theoretically be possible to tune Linux to do just as well as Mac OS, but unsurprisingly few if any serious audio programs are available for Linux so it's not too common for that reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Agreed that OSX/macs are typically used the most in audio.

Windows is another popular one, and there're many programs that are made for windows. It's recommended to get a special sound card if you use Windows. 

Linux I know less about, but programmers use Linux and programmers make computers do stuff so I'm sure there're viable options there. 

Nowadays it just ist comes down to preference in what OS you like the most. I'm sure you can even make songs in BSD with whatever's available.