Suddenly no Sound when Monitor is off?

Plank
Go to solution Solved by BOOZy,
5 minutes ago, Plank said:

thats the problem. I deactivated my TV and Monitor as sound devices but the monitor just activates itself once restarted...

You can disable the audio device completely in the device manager.

On an nVidia GPU it's called 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' - under Sound, video and game controllers.

Of course it'll be back on after a GPU driver update or some larger Windows updates, but at least that doesn't happen daily.

Hey,

I've never had this problem but since today idk what happened..

usually when I listen to music I turn off my monitor (using Logitech z623 2.1 speakers) and it just worked for years. But suddenly there will be no damn sound when I turn off this damn Monitor and after turning it on the speakers aren't the main source of sound anymore because this monitor took this place??? why

If you're using your monitor with hdmi or displayport cable your computer might start using it as a audio output. You can try to fix that by right clicking the sound symbol in task bar and selecting output devices (or something like that, I'm not sure what it's in english). In there, select the proper speakers and press set as default. It might keep your computer from switching the audio output to your monitor

After you set your speakers back as default, you might want to disable your monitor as sound output device under 'Playback devices'.

This way Windows will never automatically switch yo your monitor again.

I have two monitors and a TV hooked up to my PC, before I disabled them the output device of the moment always was a gamble.

13 minutes ago, BOOZy said:

After you set your speakers back as default, you might want to disable your monitor as sound output device under 'Playback devices'.

This way Windows will never automatically switch yo your monitor again.

I have two monitors and a TV hooked up to my PC, before I disabled them the output device of the moment always was a gamble.

thats the problem. I deactivated my TV and Monitor as sound devices but the monitor just activates itself once restarted...

5 minutes ago, Plank said:

On an nVidia GPU it's called 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' - under Sound, video and game controllers.

Of course it'll be back on after a GPU driver update or some larger Windows updates, but at least that doesn't happen daily.

1 hour ago, BOOZy said:

Can't choose this monitor to turn it off sadly

Unbenannt.PNG.01466e311044276e265b73b408ba3dd9.PNG

1 hour ago, BOOZy said:

Ok oh well it fixed itself somehow(?) when I turn the Monitor off now the speakers still work...kinda strange but well - problem's gone! Thanks for the help anyway :)