Recomendations anyone?

FockeSterben

A long time ago i built PC for 600€ but now my monitor broke down cause of glass that falled down on it. 

But anyway i have budget around 300€/$ to buy a new one but i have no experience in monitor selection. 

I do game and a lot but sometimes do visual fx and vid montage with coloring. 

There is a small issue. What brands to trust? 

My friend is a bit of fanboy and says to buy Dell only and no other brands...

What be your idea? 

Just now, ThomasPham said:

What kind of gaming do you do? 1080p? 1440p?

Do you care about frames?  is 60hz okay vs 144hz and everything in between?

Well, i did okay for 3years on 1920x1200 with 24 screen, but as i move would like to move to around 27 monitors ppi becomes more importnant. More hz is of course better but i think i will do fine on 60hz

Do you still use that 600€ pc you build a LONG time ago?What Graphics card is are you using?  Dell has some good displays which are also better for your eyes than a cheap 1080 monitor. I bought a 1440p 23,8 inch from ASUS for 290 € and its really nice for my purposes.  A 27 inch display with 1440p will also look nice and will be in your budget. 4k would be probably not supported by your graphics card + when u really want a nice 4l display with nice color space viewing angles etc it will be over 300€. 

22 minutes ago, FockeSterben said:

Well, i have right now 750ti but most likley gonn get 1060 in a month

If you update  to a recent Graphics card in a month i would suggest something like this monitor but thishttps://www.amazon.de/PB287Q-Monitor-DisplayPort-Reaktionszeit-schwarz/dp/B00KJGY3TO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8  its 100€ over your budget and it is still a budget option there are a lot nicer displays out there but when you want perfect color space and so on but under 550-600 euro you wont find the perfect one