New Build.

jcoops

Looks really good overall, Good spread out of money, the only thing I see is you might want to get higher clocked ram if you can find it to fit your theme, 2400 isn't super high, I would recommend at least trying to get 3000 or 3200 just to help future proof it more so than 2400. Looks good though make sure t o post some pics on here once its all done! :)

If I had to choose between my computer and girlfriend, well lets just say you can play more games when single.:)

1 minute ago, Zase said:

Looks really good overall, Good spread out of money, the only thing I see is you might want to get higher clocked ram if you can find it to fit your theme, 2400 isn't super high, I would recommend at least trying to get 3000 or 3200 just to help future proof it more so than 2400. Looks good though make sure t o post some pics on here once its all done! :)

How about these RAM sticks?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WY98TW/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-2666-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2666c16w

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Those are better but the clock is 2666, I would really try to find some a little higher if you can, if not its certainly not the end of the world. XD,

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236038

How about those or is that too much out of your price range?

If I had to choose between my computer and girlfriend, well lets just say you can play more games when single.:)

Just now, Zase said:

Those are better but the clock is 2666, I would really try to find some a little higher if you can, if not its certainly not the end of the world. XD,

I can do those.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Zase said:

For $20 extra, I might just get the Platinums.  I've always loved them.

1 minute ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Plats would look better in your build than the Vengeance IMO.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Yea i'm doing 32GB of the platinum 3200 in my latest build they look and perform spectacularly from what I've seen.

13 minutes ago, Zase said:

RAM speed doesn't matter very much on Intel. Ryzen needs 2800+ but Intel is fine with 2400.

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

RAM speed doesn't matter very much on Intel. Ryzen needs 2800+ but Intel is fine with 2400.

Intel is alright with lower clocked speeds than Ryzen which eats up those speeds crazy, but of course with future proofing you never know whats down the line right, better to speed an extra 20-30$ and guarantee your up to speed 5 or so years down the line.

25 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qbN4zM

White build.  Waiting for 8th gen to come out to upgrade that. I already have the HDD and PSU.

Any suggestions?

Build Inspiration: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/dxGG3C

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4D4QkT

8th Gen most likely will be not as good as Ryzen unless you are doing VM stuff

1 minute ago, Zase said:

Intel is alright with lower clocked speeds than Ryzen which eats up those speeds crazy, but of course with future proofing you never know whats down the line right, better to speed an extra 20-30$ and guarantee your up to speed 5 or so years down the line.

2 fps extra now will probably be also 2 extra fps or something similar in the future. $20-30 plus a bit can get a nicer GPU

Here's my plan, this is quoted from Misanthrope.  He helped me with the whole GPU part of the build. 

Spoiler

Well then yes you would get a lot more play out of a higher end GPU but I'd still recommend the 1060 6gb here's my logic:

1) You get the card and start using it right away

2) You save and then get a Coffee lake or Ryzen based rig, whichever you want. That's a good bump (depends on the processor of course but any 6 core will help)

3) You still get to play your games at 1080p high refresh rates on the new rig, probably better.

4) Much later down the line you can sell your 1060 and upgrade to a Volta card (or Navi if AMD figures radeons out by then) we're talking 2019 until you need to do this btw.

I think that's a sound plan and spending your money on a 1070 or 1080 right now means you probably will have less to get a really nice 6 core processor. A 6 core chip of decent clock speed paired with a 1060 is a much more balanced rig than a 4 core chip on a newer platform with a 1070/80 which at this time will work just fine but it might quickly get slowed down by the cpu (Wildlands and BF1 already use more than 8 threads if you have them for example, this is likely to continue to expand to more games) - Misanthrope

I'm running 144hz, btw.

1 minute ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Here's my plan, this is quoted from Misanthrope.  He helped me with the whole GPU part of the build. 

Hide contents

Well then yes you would get a lot more play out of a higher end GPU but I'd still recommend the 1060 6gb here's my logic:

1) You get the card and start using it right away

2) You save and then get a Coffee lake or Ryzen based rig, whichever you want. That's a good bump (depends on the processor of course but any 6 core will help)

3) You still get to play your games at 1080p high refresh rates on the new rig, probably better.

4) Much later down the line you can sell your 1060 and upgrade to a Volta card (or Navi if AMD figures radeons out by then) we're talking 2019 until you need to do this btw.

I think that's a sound plan and spending your money on a 1070 or 1080 right now means you probably will have less to get a really nice 6 core processor. A 6 core chip of decent clock speed paired with a 1060 is a much more balanced rig than a 4 core chip on a newer platform with a 1070/80 which at this time will work just fine but it might quickly get slowed down by the cpu (Wildlands and BF1 already use more than 8 threads if you have them for example, this is likely to continue to expand to more games) - Misanthrope

Makes sense, Id think this would definitely be a great way to go about it since you typically don't need to upgrade your CPU as often as you would your GPU, but #Ryzen for life!

Just now, Zase said:

Makes sense, Id think this would definitely be a great way to go about it since you typically don't need to upgrade your CPU as often as you would your GPU, but #Ryzen for life!

Alright.  I like the idea.