Is 3d really worth it?

XxRoyalxTigerxX

ive been in the displays section for a few days asking questions and such and after finding out basically 3d vission is thes way to go for surround 3d, and me wanting to get 7970 dcii cf, is 3d really worth getting and calling home about?, or is it something youll use a few times get a 1000 headaches and quit?

I purchased a 3D capable monitor awhile back for the purpose of a much smoother gaming experience using 120 fps.

I have watched a couple movies in 3D and played one or two games.

Personally I found the 3D gimmicky and not worth it. However the refresh rate of 120 is worth every penny. Despite what some people say, you really can tell a difference. If not at first you will notice it the second you go back to a 60 hertz monitor.

One thing to look out for is make sure you get a compatible monitor for 3D. Nvidia 3D vision monitors will not work with amd cards. Just like the amd compatible monitors wont work with nvidia 3D. At least that's as far as I know, I didn't look too much into it I just checked a compatibility list when I was shopping for my monitor.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I went the 3d option for my monitor and only used it a few times n that was it, but then again I'm not big on 3d so it would have been better to put the money on something else. The 120hz is a bonus tho :)