Is 7mm response time good for gaming? (CSGO)

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Most screens are under 5, but it's worth noting that response time is not a good measure of motion blur and you should be checking reviews to confirm how they actually perform.

Also, don't confuse input lag with response time, I've seen that done too many times before

Looking for Budget Gaming monitors, I've found some, but was wondering if 7mm response time was good for gaming

Most screens are under 5, but it's worth noting that response time is not a good measure of motion blur and you should be checking reviews to confirm how they actually perform.

Also, don't confuse input lag with response time, I've seen that done too many times before

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm trying to fit in a 600$ computer, budget gaming monitor, mousepad 30$ Mic kit (The TONOR Microphone kit) and Windows 10 in my budget. (This build is for streaming purposes, and casual gaming)

1 minute ago, KJalchemist said:

I'm trying to fit in a 600$ computer, budget gaming monitor, mousepad 30$ Mic kit (The TONOR Microphone kit) and Windows 10 in my budget. (This build is for streaming purposes, and casual gaming)

That's gonna be very tight.

For input lag, you can check on https://displaylag.com/display-database/ and for motion blur, any good review should have a close up on that.  You could try http://www.rtings.com/ or http://www.tftcentral.co.uk

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, KJalchemist said:

What is your budget for these things. From what Im getting its $600 for the tower and ??? for the peripherals 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

10 minutes ago, Moress said:

What is your budget for these things. From what Im getting its $600 for the tower and ??? for the peripherals 

I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Chroma (Already owned), Razer Death adder 2015 (Also already owned), Combaterwing Extended Mousepad ($8.99 USD), ??? Monitor ($80 Lowest 130$ Highest), Logitech g230 Headset (Already Owned) , TONOR Microphone Kit (The name is pretty long, $31 USD).

Yea, that's about it for Peripherals. So in total around 200$ at most with the most expensive being the monitor.

I'm not sure how important response time is for gaming, I might get a $109 USD monitor with 2mm response time

1 hour ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Why is everyone in this thread saying mm? It's ms.

When you play too much CSGO

I was the only person that said mm instead of ms, no one said mm or ms in this.

30 minutes ago, KJalchemist said:

I was the only person that said mm instead of ms, no one said mm or ms in this.

If you're really in England, you have zero excuse for using millimeters as a measurement of time. :/

28 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

If you're really in England, you have zero excuse for using millimeters as a measurement of time. :/

That was a joke, I live in the US.

England is not my city.

28 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Millimeters measures distance, not time.

Milliseconds is what measures time (milli)

I've just Bamboozled myself

please refrain from making many posts in a row, you can multi-quote and edit if necessary