Venture into Liquid Cooling?

I would like an opinion or two about my first, proposed, venture into liquid cooling.  This is the case I have: Fractal Design Define Mini

It has 1x120/140 radiator/fan mounting area at the top of the case.  It also has 1x120 fan mounting area at the back of the case.  For the CPU alone, I am considering a 140 radiator at the top and a 120 radiator at the inside back of the case.  1 2x5.25" drive bay available for a resevoir.

Q1: Will this suffice to liquid cool a i9-7900x ?
Q2: Two separate radiators connected in-line for the CPU an "Ok" or "Passable" strategy?

The positioning of the top 140mm radiator might negate the back radiator because of the locale: Top Back 140mm and Rear Top 120mm radiator are in the same proximity.  But, it might work.

Q3a: Will a single 140 radiator/fan suffice for cooling the CPU?

Q3b: Will Q3a allow the CPU to run at 4.3/4.5 GHz?

I plan on running this at 4.50 GHz or maybe less, like 4.30 GHz.  OC'ing the CPU is not something that I really need or that I "have to have."  Not overclocking the GPU.  Budget is maybe $400 USD to $500 USD for liquid cooling.

Looking for comments/concerns.

You'll need at least 240mm of radiator space to cool that CPU, a single 140 or 120 will not cut it for that heat monster, especially if you overclock it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

ok, i understand fully.

Q1: is my current cpu (7900x) ok for browsing the web on air?  my temps are 29, 28, 29, 29, 32, 30, 28, 31, 29, 30 all C.  That's assuming the temps reported by HWiNFO64 are reliable.

Q2: True or False: DO NOT GAME ON THE 7900x Air Cooled

Yeah honestly watercooling really doesn't become worthwhile until you get up to the 240/280mm size. And I say that as someone who runs a custom loop.

If you are willing to spend say 500 dollars, buy a slightly better case for it.

Like the Define Mini C has 2x 240mm rad support which is much better and is a similar size and pretty cheap.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, RiDDiCK51PB said:

ok, i understand fully.

Q1: is my current cpu (7900x) ok for browsing the web on air?  my temps are 29, 28, 29, 29, 32, 30, 28, 31, 29, 30 all C.  That's assuming the temps reported by HWiNFO64 are reliable.

Q2: True or False: DO NOT GAME ON THE 7900x Air Cooled

Absolutely fine.

And go ahead and game on it if your cooler is up to snuff. Anything under 80C should be fine.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Absolutely fine.

And go ahead and game on it if your cooler is up to snuff. Anything under 80C should be fine.

oh thank God.  i thought i was gonna have to change my underwear.  ive been watching the cpu temp very, very, very closely.  it hasn't gone over 52 C while gaming.  pretty much just a stock clock, i haven't gone tinkered in the bios at all.  thank god almighty.  i have a relatively huge heatsink on it, a cryorig H5 ultimate. with push/pull fans running locked at 1,300 rpm.  more than you want to know, i understand.  the define mini c has been on my radar, so i'll look into that more.