Quiet Fans

Slayher

Hi,

I currently have Fractal Design fans in my build. I have 4 on my radiator which is an H110i and I have 3 front fans and 1 rear fan in my build.

I have a total of 8 fans and they seem fairly loud. What fans are quiet and have performance to them?

This is my current build, what do you think I should replace them all with? Let me know down below, thanks!

which fractal fans do you have specifically?
because the new GP x2 models are pretty quiet

Photography / Finance / Gaming

I'm using be quiet fans, and I can't hear them.

My GPU at idle is making more noise than 3 fans combined together. And when I put my GPU fans on 0rpm, I can hardly hear anything from my PC. And that means a lot for me, since I wanted to have dead silent PC. I got that now.

So that's my recommendation. 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

6 minutes ago, mok said:

which fractal fans do you have specifically?
because the new GP x2 models are pretty quiet

I have the Venturi HF-14. Are the new GP x2 models a lot better and quiet?

2 minutes ago, Slayher said:

I have the Venturi HF-14. Are the new GP x2 models a lot better and quiet?

1. are you using the HF14 on your radiator? because you shouldnt, theyre not meant for static pressure, so theyre going to spin fast and loud

2. are you using the case fans at full speed? pwm? 3pin?

3. 8 fans will always result in fan noise...

Photography / Finance / Gaming

6 minutes ago, mok said:

1. are you using the HF14 on your radiator? because you shouldnt, theyre not meant for static pressure, so theyre going to spin fast and loud

2. are you using the case fans at full speed? pwm? 3pin?

3. 8 fans will always result in fan noise...

noctua debunked the whole static pressure and airflow fans thing thats why they have the A-series fans because in the rpm range that people use the fans they difference is minimal. A static pressure fan at 1000rpm might be better on a rad than a airflow fan on the same rpm on the rad, but static pressure fans are also more noisy, so a static pressure fan at 1000rpm will perform similarly to a Airflow fan at 1100rpm which pretty much closes the temperature gap

before you go running off to buy more fans, can you atleast explain why you want different fans?

Is it because the temp on your gpu or cpu is too high?

And did you try lowering your rpm to see if it can reach a noise level you like?

Heck i'm betting you are just blasting your fans at max RPM right now that's why its loud.