Nvidia gamestream with moonlight 15 SECOND INPUT LAG!

DarthSmartt
Go to solution Solved by DarthSmartt,
On 9/7/2017 at 8:43 PM, Tsuki said:

if your tv has a gaming mode, try enabling it.

Sorry it took long to reply. I had my tv in game mode. I upgraded to the latest version of gamestream and that is what caused the issue, so I went back to version 2.11.something (the best version) and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, my raspberry pi died somehow but I have a new one coming tomorrow. my existing one has the pwr led on and the activity led blinks rhythmically but i get no signal from the hdmi output. I've tried different cables, monitors, sd cards, sd card usb adapters, and different iso files. if someone could help me on that, it would be awesome(because i kinda want to have two pis).

Since my intel compute stick SUCKS for streaming using steam in home streaming, so I decided to use moonlight on retropie with a raspberry pi 3 model b using this video that has a tutorial that doesn't work(he has the working one in the comments.)

Everything worked perfectly for a while but now i have terrible input lag that is upwards from 2 seconds to 15 seconds. I assume this is a problem with the gamestream software since it is like this on my phone too. I am over 1 gigabit ethernet(Iverified it) and it still wont work well even on the lowest possible stream quality. i really need help.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:43 PM, Tsuki said:

Sorry it took long to reply. I had my tv in game mode. I upgraded to the latest version of gamestream and that is what caused the issue, so I went back to version 2.11.something (the best version) and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, my raspberry pi died somehow but I have a new one coming tomorrow. my existing one has the pwr led on and the activity led blinks rhythmically but i get no signal from the hdmi output. I've tried different cables, monitors, sd cards, sd card usb adapters, and different iso files. if someone could help me on that, it would be awesome(because i kinda want to have two pis).

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"