Harddrive help!!!

Skye0lucero

Im taking apart a alien ware x51 and using the graphics card and stroage to put together a new pc with everything else new will the harddrive coming from that work with the new computer like do I need to buy windows again or because the drive has windows am I ok spelling errors I know typing fast 

3 minutes ago, Skye0lucero said:

Im taking apart a alien ware x51 and using the graphics card and stroage to put together a new pc with everything else new will the harddrive coming from that work with the new computer like do I need to buy windows again or because the drive has windows am I ok spelling errors I know typing fast 

your computer most likely had OEM windows license (tied to hardware)
most likely need to buy windows again, but it might work too. but do a full install anyway, don't use the old windows installation from the alienware, format the drive before installing.

also a friendly critique/tip:
 don't rush.. rushing leads to making stupid mistakes, take your time. spending an extra minute fixing spelling or adding breaks in the lines etc to make it easier to read is a minute well spent. there are people that will just outright ignore posts like this because they were written fast  but not bothered being fixed.

i'm not the greatest at punctuation or especially capitalization etc, but i try to keep my posts as readable as possible and i fix typos as they appear (in chrome and similar the misspelled words get a red wavy line underneath where you can choose the correct spelling (or ignore words giving false positives like "nvidia")

your post isn't that bad mainly because it's short, but imagine a whole page written like that, without punctuation or line breaks.. it gets real tedious to read, real fast!

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

If you have the Windows key you will likely be able to reuse it on your build.  I'd certainly try to activate the new build from the Alienware's Windows key.