SDD Help

tsunoda

Hi, so ive been having crashes (some times often some times not often at all) over the past year since i upgraded to an intel build from amd, first off i thought it was a hardware issue or driver conflict so i cleaned all my drives (3 in total)

then installed everything back onto them, crashes stopped for about one or two months then resumed, today i decided to have a look at my HDD fragmentation (Defraggler) and it states that my Boot SSD is at 45% Fragmentation 

HDD 23% and my second SSD is 82% Fragmented. so im pretty sure ive found my problem here, though if my memory serves me correctly i can't defrag my ssd or is there something new that i have missed? Am i just being an idiot and does SSD fragmentation not matter at all? id love some advice cause the whole system is less that 1 year old (boot drive excluded) 

Defraggler.png

You're not supposed to defragment your SSD. Not only does it affect your read and write ops, but it shortens your SSD lifespan significantly.

Looking at your C:/ Drive where Windows is stored, the SSD needs a lot of space to run things more efficiently and if you go over 90% it affects your performance a whole lot.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

14 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

You're not supposed to defragment your SSD. Not only does it affect your read and write ops, but it shortens your SSD lifespan significantly.

Looking at your C:/ Drive where Windows is stored, the SSD needs a lot of space to run things more efficiently and if you go over 90% it affects your performance a whole lot.

So, anything else that i should look at for these crashes? because these arent small crashes its a full system lock with the creams of 1000 demons coming though my headset at max volume.

3 minutes ago, tsunoda said:

So, anything else that i should look at for these crashes? because these arent small crashes its a full system lock with the creams of 1000 demons coming though my headset at max volume.

Uninstall things you don't need, run ccleaner

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Uninstall things you don't need, run ccleaner

already done that, ive done a few things to see what was going on, do you know about any programs that will log something log a full system hang?