First build

SemiSolid1

I'm building my first gaming PC, just wondering what you guys think.

i5 3570k

Asrock z77 extreme 4

Sapphire 7870

Kingston hyperX DDR3 1600MHz

Corsair GS700

*HDD not purchased yet* (looking for a 500GB for games and videos)

​*case not purchased yet* (still looking for one any suggestions would be appreciated prefer a windowed case and with good room for cable management, also not too expensive)

To safe some money I would go with a 600w psu.

If you don`t want a ssd i would get a western digital blue drive or a seagate barracuda.

The Coolermaster Haf912 Plus midi-tower case should be a good choice for your config.

I hope i could help :)

To safe some money I would go with a 600w psu. If you don`t want a ssd i would get a western digital blue drive or a seagate barracuda. The Coolermaster Haf912 Plus midi-tower case should be a good choice for your config. I hope i could help :)

I do plan on getting and ssd after I get a case and a hdd, that is a good case but I'm very picky I like painted inside and usb 3.0.

I'm building my first gaming PC' date=' just wondering what you guys think. i5 3570k Asrock z77 extreme 4 Sapphire 7870 Kingston hyperX DDR3 1600MHz Corsair GS700 *HDD not purchased yet* (looking for a 500GB for games and videos) ​*case not purchased yet* (still looking for one any suggestions would be appreciated prefer a windowed case and with good room for cable management, also not too expensive) [/quote']

Looks very well set out.

I have that CPU and motherboard; they're sufficient. That GPU is quite good for the price. 1600MHz is enough. Have you considered a solid state drive?

I like my CM Storm Enforcer, or if you want something a bit heftier the HAF 912 or HAF XM have great cable management and look great.

Seriously, if you can, get an SSD :P

if you plan on getting a ssd, a western digital green drive for storage should be enough

what about the coolermaster k380?? it has a window and it is painted at the inside, but it only has one usb3.0 port on the front.

Are you considering water cooling in the future? How much RAM are you planning on getting? Also as an alternative to buying an ssd boot drive, consider a cache drive. I have one and it is a night and day difference when using windows.

I'm building my first gaming PC' date=' just wondering what you guys think. i5 3570k Asrock z77 extreme 4 Sapphire 7870 Kingston hyperX DDR3 1600MHz Corsair GS700 *HDD not purchased yet* (looking for a 500GB for games and videos) ​*case not purchased yet* (still looking for one any suggestions would be appreciated prefer a windowed case and with good room for cable management, also not too expensive) [/quote'] Looks very well set out. I have that CPU and motherboard; they're sufficient. That GPU is quite good for the price. 1600MHz is enough. Have you considered a solid state drive? I like my CM Storm Enforcer, or if you want something a bit heftier the HAF 912 or HAF XM have great cable management and look great. Seriously, if you can, get an SSD :P

Yes I plan on getting an ssd once I pay off some of the bills. I was just looking at the Storm Enforcer but does it have good room for cable management? Also the HAF XM is out of my budget.

Are you considering water cooling in the future? How much RAM are you planning on getting? Also as an alternative to buying an ssd boot drive' date=' consider a cache drive. I have one and it is a night and day difference when using windows.[/quote']

Yes, I'am considering water cooling in the future maybe in a couple of months. Im getting 8GB of ram, and I don't know what a cache drive is :/

Corsair 300R looks like a great budget case and it comes in a windowed version. Like others have sugested, an SSD would be a great upgrade. Maybe a small 64 or 128GB boot drive and then a 500GB HDD for storage as you said. Personally, I have a Samsung 830 series 64GB SSD and a 500GB Western Digital Blue drive and they both work just fine. The two together cost me just over £100 (~170CAD)

The cable management is reasonable, in my opinion. I was a bit lazy with mine and I have a non-modular power supply.

Here is mine:

It looks a LOT better than in the photo to me. The main cables you can see is the HD audio cable (couldnt find a place to put it) and the non-modular PSU cables.

With a modular PSU you could get it to only the motherboard connectors (24-pin, etc.) and your PCIe cables.

post-398-13667860458518_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by SemiSolid1

Yes, I'am considering water cooling in the future maybe in a couple of months. Im getting 8GB of ram, and I don't know what a cache drive is :/

A cache drive is an SSD that is used as cache memory for your HDD. It basically learns your usage patterns and preloads commonly used software into the ssd so your systems runs at ssd speed in windows/while browsing. I use an OCZ Synapse 64GB, but with a Z77 board you can at any time buy any cheap SSD and use it as a cache drive! This means you could buy a HDD and install the OS now, then add the cache drive in the future. It's one of the best features of the Z77!

8GB of RAM is fine for gaming/general duties.

Also, If you can get your hands on an Enermax Ostrog case, it's inexpensive, has a nice large window, and can mount an h100 with the fans on top of the case. It's well built, easy to work in, has decent cable management features, has USB 3.0, looks good (has a choice of accent colours), and basically can't be beat for the price. Shame it's not available from NCIX, had to get it at Canada Computers. :(

http://www.canadacomputers.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Ostrog&x=0&y=0

My friend has the Ostrog in which he is currently running an h100 without any problems. I'll upload pics.

I would suggest getting an aftermarket cooler, hyper 212+ if you are not going to overclock that much, also, you could get a lower voltage power supply, like 650 or maybe even less. For a case, I would reccomend a corsair c70 or 300r window. Both are very good cases.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

I don't recommend anything over 70-100usd for a case for an entry level build. I prefer big 3 motherboards (gigabyte Asus msi) but asrock has been around. everything else is fine, others have put in good feedback for storage and ssd options. psu is fine and good if you plan to have crossfire.

Maybe you could have a look at the Corsair Carbide series cases specifically the 300r. Fits your requirements having front USB3.0, cable management options, a windowed case sku and painted black in the inside too.