Using USB flashdrive to game on?

I have seen the SanDisk Extreme Pro USB flashdrive 256 GB USB 3.1 with write and read speeds up to 420 MB/s - 380 MB/s. Im wondering if i can install Windows and some games, and use it like a normal SSD.

Here is a link to the USB flashdrive: https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/extremepro-usb

Please let me know.
Thanks. :)

11 minutes ago, Allizepo said:

I have seen the SanDisk Extreme Pro USB flashdrive 256 GB USB 3.1 with write and read speeds up to 420 MB/s - 380 MB/s. Im wondering if i can install Windows and some games, and use it like a normal SSD.

Here is a link to the USB flashdrive: https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/extremepro-usb

Please let me know.
Thanks. :)

Games would probably run OK or even good. Using an external USB3.0 drive on a PS4 is actually faster than loading from the internal SATA2 drive, and "on par" with the SATA3 drive of the PS4 PRO.

While for softwares and windows itself.. uhm, I think you will have a lot of random problems and slowdowns, so I totally don't recommend it.

3 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Games would probably run OK or even good. Using an external USB3.0 drive on a PS4 is actually faster than loading from the internal SATA2 drive, and "on par" with the SATA3 drive of the PS4 PRO.

While for softwares and windows itself.. uhm, I think you will have a lot of random problems and slowdowns, so I totally don't recommend it.

Do you know why it might give me problems with windows and other softwares?
And thanks for your reply :)

7 minutes ago, Allizepo said:

Do you know why it might give me problems with windows and other softwares?
And thanks for your reply :)

Unlike linux, windows isn't meant to be run from portable sticks or drives. You can't install it on a USB without a third party software (WinToUsb if I recall correctly, to say one). Also USBs don't have the best random read/write speeds, which impact software performance a lot.