Board PC

r3loAded

Hi everybody,

I just got bored building PC in different cases bought of eBay so I thought I'd do something different (in no case something new, but different of my usual builds). So I want to do a PC on a wood board. As I said it's not something new that I invented but it will take me out of my usual builds.

Components that I'll use:

CPU - i5-4460

CPU Cooler - Arctic 11LP Cpu cooler

MOBO - Gigabyte H81M-DS2V

RAM - 8GB DDR3 (I have 1600MHz, 1866MHZ and 2133 MHZ - not sure which one will use, but considering the motherboard I think I'll go for 1600MHz) - 2x4GB Patriot 2133MHz

GPU - Palit Jetstream GTX 970 - Zotac GTX 970 Reference

Storage - 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD + 500GB or 1TB HDD

PSU - I have now a Corsair VS450, Corsair CX600 and just bought as I write a Corsair CX600M - so one of them (I think the VS450 would be enough for the system so I might go for it) - CORSAIR CX600

Other: 24cm GPU riser, deepcool RGB 350 magnetic LED light strips with remote, cable clips.

I intend to install on the front side only the motherboard and GPU and on the back side the PSU and storage.

Already got the board and today hopefully my brother in law will manage to do the cut outs as he has all the tools he needs to do this. Will update post with photos asap.

Rough sketch on how it will look like:

20170822_093701.jpg

Edited by r3loAded
changes in build components

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

4 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Rough sketch on how it will look like:

where is the sketch?

[edit] after reloading the page I could see it

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Just now, marten.aap2.0 said:

where is the sketch?

Just uploaded. I had to uploaded straight from the phone as I cannot connect my phone to my work PC. The post was written from the PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

Just uploaded. I had to uploaded straight from the phone as I cannot connect my phone to my work PC. The post was written from the PC.

ah, ok, that explains why I could see it after relaoding the page, you uploaded it in the time between me looking and refreshing

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Teaser?

20170826_155351.jpg

20170826_155358.jpg

20170827_165227.jpg

2 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

I would give you a thumbs up, but you're wearing crocs... tough decision.

:)))) not me in the pic...it's my brother in law :))....but totally get you

3 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

Oh, it's not you. Sorry. Here's your thumbs up. Thumbs down for your brother in law, though.

Thank you. But I'll be honest. Just checked you build log for the custom case you did, man that looks awesome. But please don't expect that my custom open air case to impress you too much. It's not such a complex project as yours.

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

Thank you. But I'll be honest. Just checked you build log for the custom case you did, man that looks awesome. But please don't expect that my custom open air case to impress you too much. It's not such a complex project as yours.

I'm very glad you like what I did, but just because I decided to be quite ambitious with my first DIY project doesn't mean I can't appreciate a project with very different objectives. A custom case build log is always impressive. I mean, unless you just rivet an open air test bench to the bottom of a fruit crate, but nobody would call that a custom case anyway.

Board PC coming to an end. I was quite busy in the latest days and haven't managed to post any updated but now I'm here with the final project.

Disclaimer: The PC was build by 2 amateurs with unprofessional tools and just in the spare time after work. There are imperfections and maybe I could've done some things in a different/better way but this is the 1st build of this kind and will get better in future projects like this one (already got something in mind). Until then I will accept/discuss all of your critics/ideas/suggestions.

As you can notice I changed again the graphics card to Palit Jetstream as the reference one was a little bit too loud for the open environment.

Thank you.

20170902_172945.jpg

20170902_173023.jpg

20170902_173118.jpg

20170902_173133.jpg

@InertiaSelling This would be the final product :D

38 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Looks nice man, simple and cheap :)

Thanks.

BTW. This one will be for sale as well (like my previous builds). What price do you think it would be fair considering the components used and the build itself? Just an opinion.

3 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Thanks.

BTW. This one will be for sale as well (like my previous builds). What price do you think it would be fair considering the components used and the build itself? Just an opinion.

Oh man I have absolutely no idea about that... when it comes to custom stuff, you are not just selling the components, you are selling essentially your "art". Now how much somebody values what you have made is totally up to them, so it's really hard to put a price on it.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

2 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Oh man I have absolutely no idea about that... when it comes to custom stuff, you are not just selling the components, you are selling essentially your "art". Now how much somebody values what you have made is totally up to them, so it's really hard to put a price on it.

I know that, I was just looking a simple "quote" let's say. I have a possible client for it today for £370. Considering it's my 1st project of this kind I will try and make another one better and a little bit different.

@r3loAded Looks good, I especially like the feet. You should have used heatshrink instead of electrical tape though, it looks cleaner and lasts longer. Also, I don't know how much you paid for the components, but this system is roughly equal to an i5 6400 with a 1060 3gb, (and it has both an SSD and a HDD). That's at least £600 new, so £370 for this kind of power and the work you put into it looks like a complete steal. I don't know where you live in the UK, but I live near Paris, so I'm pretty sure I could jump in a train, meet you somewhere, buy this computer, stay there for a night, come back home the next day, and it would still be a better deal than buying the components from any retailer.

9 hours ago, InertiaSelling said:

@r3loAded Looks good, I especially like the feet. You should have used heatshrink instead of electrical tape though, it looks cleaner and lasts longer. Also, I don't know how much you paid for the components, but this system is roughly equal to an i5 6400 with a 1060 3gb, (and it has both an SSD and a HDD). That's at least £600 new, so £370 for this kind of power and the work you put into it looks like a complete steal. I don't know where you live in the UK, but I live near Paris, so I'm pretty sure I could jump in a train, meet you somewhere, buy this computer, stay there for a night, come back home the next day, and it would still be a better deal than buying the components from any retailer.

Thank you for appreciation. This one is sold now for £370 (cost me £320 to build - not greedy with profit) and hopefully went to a person which will enjoy it and will use it to it's full potential. As I said is the first of this kind but looking to build another one pretty soon.

Regarding the heat shrink tube, I knew about this option but it would've been difficult to have it on the motherboard's 24PIN and completely cover the "ketchup and mustard" ugliness. Maybe next time will use a fully modular PSU with all black cables.

Next project will be similar but will use aluminium profile instead of wood (the profile looks similar with the one in the picture attached but wider - 38cm). Will try and route all the cable inside the profile.

Thank you again for feedback. (BTW I live in Cardiff)

Oppervlaktebehandelingen%20van%20profielen.jpg