Battery Pack Compatability

I recently purchased the MSI GS63VR for college, since it was thin, light, and very powerful in terms of gaming due to its GTX 1060 graphics card. However, one downfall I realized about this laptop was the battery life, which would last me around 4 hours when cranking brightness down, etc. The battery is also very large/heavy, and I realized that not every single classroom/lecture hall may have an outlet readily available for me to use. Therefore, I also purchased the Anker Powercore 20100 USB C battery pack. The info on Amazon stated that using the USB C connection, a device could be charging at 5V/3A, which is exactly what the MSI website says about my laptop's Thunderbolt 3 port. However, when I plugged the USB C connector into my laptop (I turned the battery pack on first), rather than charging my laptop, the reverse began to happen. If anyone has any experience with this compatibility, your input would be greatly appreciated! 

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75 gHz     ???     RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition

ASUS ROG Strix X-470-F     ???     Fractal Design Meshify C

500GB WD Blue Sata SSD     ???     Samsung  970EVO 500GB

2TB Seagate Firecude 3.5"     ???     2x8 Gb GSkill TridentZ RGB @3000mHz

Corsair CX650M

try using the output port on the battery bank, battery banks usually have 1 port marked for input and 2 - 3 marked for output

i didnt know you can use battery packs on laptops except few samsungs models. ill def need to check whether all laptops with usb c could do that. 

not all work. some of the few that work with higher wat laptops are the dell power companion the usb c version. even then the laptop needs the firmware to support it

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p