[SOLVED] Wierd Issue

CA8OOS3
Go to solution Solved by CA8OOS3,

Well, I solved my issue.

I purchased an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 from my local Microcenter for a nice cool $100 and all my issues are gone. Thanks to @stateofpsychosis for his suggestion about the usb power bandwidth. Even though I did not purchase the card, the ASUS x99 Deluxe/U3.1 has tons of USB 3.0's and definitely have solved my issue.

So I am having an all of a sudden issue with my PC and I cannot seem to correct it.

Here is the issue:

This started about a week ago.

About a week ago I had an issue where my computer froze out of the blue. It was wierd my Corsair K95 RGB went to red, my mouse shut off. So i rebooted the PC and it was fine for about 24 hrs or so then it froze again. This time I was like ok maybe my overclock just isn't working anymore so I went ahead and dialed it back and rebooted. Worked flawlessly until yesterday when I went to plug in my Logitech C920 Webcam. It made the noise that it detected but my image on OBS was frozen. I thought that was strange so I deleted the overlay then recreated it. When I was messing with the resolution of the camera switching it to 1920 x 1080 my pc made the disconnect sound then the connect sound then displayed the image momentarily then froze. Is this a sign of my motherboard starting to die or what? Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Key things is my PC sets on a glass desk, I always ensure I do not have static discharge built up before touching my PC, the only other thing is this seems to fall in line with the latest windows update.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

Anyone have any ideas?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

On 8/22/2017 at 0:43 AM, bomberblyat said:

tl;tr

update all drivers 

you can update tem with driver boost

I have the latest Drivers per the Gigabyte website. Im just tired of the freezing, Maybe its time to do fresh install of windows and change out the motherboard

can you look in the system logs to see if Windows detected any errors?

She/Her

2 hours ago, CA8OOS3 said:

I have the latest Drivers per the Gigabyte website. Im just tired of the freezing, Maybe its time to do fresh install of windows and change out the motherboard

well atleast do fresh windows install ^^

3 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

well atleast do fresh windows install ^^

I will try that tonight....everything else is working beautifully...and like I said it just started...I read some reports that my Corsair K95 Could be causing the issue as well drawing too much power from the USBs

maybe you're overloading your USB bandwidth or power.

Do you have a lot of devices connected via USB?

Maybe try removing some that aren't necessary while using that device.

7 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

maybe you're overloading your USB bandwidth or power.

Do you have a lot of devices connected via USB?

Maybe try removing some that aren't necessary while using that device.

I guess I have alot of stuff, I have my lighting node pro + usb keyboard + mouse + Mousepad + plus blue yeti + steering wheel (only when in use) + webcam

normally webcam is plugged in all the time but just recently stopped working and freezing my PC. maybe something got messed up. I dunno.

yea, not sure.. you could always buy a cheap 20 dollar usb expansion card like we Oculus users use to get around USB bandwidth issues. This one is cheap and will do the job: https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

Random USB disconnects sounds like that to me though because that's exactly what the sensors will do when you have too many plugged in and you're USB controller can't handle them.

Those sensors are essentially just cameras so I imagine yours uses a lot of bandwidth and USB power as well.

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

yea, not sure.. you could always buy a cheap 20 dollar usb expansion card like we Oculus users use to get around USB bandwidth issues. This one is cheap and will do the job: https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

Random USB disconnects sounds like that to me though because that's exactly what the sensors will do when you have too many plugged in and you're USB controller can't handle them.

awesome ill look into that.

I really want to get my pc sorted before i get some other things that I want. I eventually want to replace my webcam with a DSLR Camera so hopefully eventually that will be eliminated.

Well, I solved my issue.

I purchased an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 from my local Microcenter for a nice cool $100 and all my issues are gone. Thanks to @stateofpsychosis for his suggestion about the usb power bandwidth. Even though I did not purchase the card, the ASUS x99 Deluxe/U3.1 has tons of USB 3.0's and definitely have solved my issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, CA8OOS3 said:

Well, I solved my issue.

Awesome. I'm glad you figured it out :)